Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

best camber kit for g37x coupe

Old 06-29-2016, 02:33 AM
watchmegrub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikezilla
I think he was saying Eibach is a more expensive re-branded SPC.
ah okay. I thought it was the opposite for some reason.

another thing I was wondering is, lets say I wanted the -2 or -3 degrees of camber after I get lowered on coils. I'll still get an alignment to make sure each side is even, but is there any reason for me to buy a camber kit? or is that mainly just for being able to adjust my camber back to oem camber settings?

are the aftermarket camber kits stronger? so that with the greater negative camber, my oem arms wont break or something? sorry if that was confusing haha
Old 06-29-2016, 04:01 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
SPC for sure imo.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:07 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by watchmegrub

another thing I was wondering is, lets say I wanted the -2 or -3 degrees of camber after I get lowered on coils. I'll still get an alignment to make sure each side is even, but is there any reason for me to buy a camber kit? or is that mainly just for being able to adjust my camber back to oem camber settings?

are the aftermarket camber kits stronger? so that with the greater negative camber, my oem arms wont break or something? sorry if that was confusing haha
I'll defer to the experts on the forum but AFAIK, there is a limited range of camber and toe adjustment on the rear such that if you drop more than, say, 1.5" (guessing, 1.5" is not a hard number) you may not be able to get your camber back in spec. I don't know if the range will accommodate your target camber of -2 or -3.

The front OEM control arms do not have a *ANY* camber or caster adjustability. If your drop is minimal your camber may still be good enough, if you go deeper (again more than 1.5") you may be too far out of spec. I don't know if it will leave you near your -2 or -3 camber.

Front toe adjustments are accomplished through the steering rack tie rod ends, and there is plenty of adjustability for just about any front drop.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by watchmegrub

Zilla pretty much covered it. Bad toe will give your tires a quick death, camber is the slow killer. I'd get a rear kit for sure as you won't be able to get your toe correct without one when dropped on coilovers. You can get by in front without one since your toe is adjusted through the tie rods. The rear has minimal toe & camber adjustment, not enough to save your tires when you lower more than an inch.

If you really plan to dump your car, like a 2.5" or greater drop you can expect camber over -3.

There are cases where guys get the camber arms to add camber, like a hellaflush setup where you have to run extreme camber to fit extra wide wheels into the fender.

TBH I wouldn't run camber over -2 on a daily driver, if you drop your coilovers about 2" or less you should be in that range, but get that rear kit so your rear tires won't be screaming as they get ripped down the road
The following users liked this post:
Coltrane1 (04-11-2017)
Old 10-27-2016, 06:20 PM
ajaffer
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with the SPC 72262 rear camber kit for $189 on ebay.

and the SPC 73005 upper camber arms from Outcast Garage for $512

Both have the upgraded, XAxis high performance bushings. The Upper control arms are dual-adjustable.

I also called SPC today asking about why the other kit has curved rear arms. They said that is the "discontinued" design and that they moved to the straight arms for more stability. The rep said the extra clearance of the curved arms is not necessary so they dropped it. Since it is still highly available, it may not be so much discontinued as it is an alternative design, at least for now.

Still that other kit is much less expensive than what I went with, but I figured in for a penny, in for a pound.
Thanks for your setup info - I followed your purchase. But wanted to say I found the 73005 kit for $428 free shipping on Jegs in case anyone else looks up this thread. I bought the rear on amazon for $206 free shipping

Specialty Products 73005: UPPER CONTROL ARMS NISSAN | JEGS
Old 12-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Rr1982
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
How are these Kinetix?
Attached Thumbnails best camber kit for g37x coupe-g37aarmcambertractionkit.jpg  
Old 12-10-2016, 08:50 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Rr1982
How are these Kinetix?
The ball joint was a problem area, not sure if it's been upgraded though

TBH I would stay with SPC, Voodoo, or SPL depending on budget. Eibach also sells kits but it's just a rebranded SPC part with a little extra $$ tacked on usually.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:33 AM
37prelude

Spc 73005

Originally Posted by ajaffer
Thanks for your setup info - I followed your purchase. But wanted to say I found the 73005 kit for $428 free shipping on Jegs in case anyone else looks up this thread. I bought the rear on amazon for $206 free shipping

Specialty Products 73005: UPPER CONTROL ARMS NISSAN | JEGS
73005. Hey guys... How well did the front cambers work.. What were the specs of the alignment? I have camber kits on but there not SPC. I'm on eibach Springs as well but I'm still at negative 3.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by 37prelude
73005. Hey guys... How well did the front cambers work.. What were the specs of the alignment? I have camber kits on but there not SPC. I'm on eibach Springs as well but I'm still at negative 3.
Something's wrong, if you just kept your OEM non-adjustable arms you'd probably be quite a bit under -3, something like -2.2 would be expected w/ the OEM arms and an Eibach drop. What arms are you running?

FWIW I was dropped below the fenders (prior to my current coilovers) and got my camber to -1.0 F&R w/ full SPC kits.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:47 PM
37prelude

Originally Posted by blnewt
Something's wrong, if you just kept your OEM non-adjustable arms you'd probably be quite a bit under -3, something like -2.2 would be expected w/ the OEM arms and an Eibach drop. What arms are you running?

FWIW I was dropped below the fenders (prior to my current coilovers) and got my camber to -1.0 F&R w/ full SPC kits.
yea I thought something is wrong.. Before arm and after arm.. It looked the same.. the arms was gifted to me.. I think they are emusa? I just thought I'll give them a try... What do you think could be the problem? I'm taking the car to custom shop Monday morning to see what they could do...I do have SPC rear and they are fine

Last edited by 37prelude; 03-11-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Q6086

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I went with the SPC 72262 rear camber kit for $189 on ebay.

and the SPC 73005 upper camber arms from Outcast Garage for $512

Both have the upgraded, XAxis high performance bushings. The Upper control arms are dual-adjustable.

I also called SPC today asking about why the other kit has curved rear arms. They said that is the "discontinued" design and that they moved to the straight arms for more stability. The rep said the extra clearance of the curved arms is not necessary so they dropped it. Since it is still highly available, it may not be so much discontinued as it is an alternative design, at least for now.

Still that other kit is much less expensive than what I went with, but I figured in for a penny, in for a pound.

how has this setup worked for you?
Old 05-15-2018, 02:03 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
You might be better off sending a PM. Bikezilla hasn't posted in almost three weeks.