Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

best camber kit for g37x coupe

Old 12-23-2015, 05:45 PM
skyline4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best camber kit for g37x coupe

Ok for thos that have been following my progress with my car, I recently decided on getting the eibach lowering springs and had them installed. I chose the ones with the biggest drop, which according to spec sheets is a 1.6 inch drop in the rear and 1.9 in the front.

it looks amazing at this height but my camber is way off and can't be fixed by an alignment on it's own so I'm looking for suggestions on good camber kits out there.

it also seems my front has dropped more then 1.9 inches as I did a measurement before and after the installment and the front seems to have droped 21/4 of an inch. is this normal with the eibachs to drop more then advertised? will it correct it self once the alignment is fixed?

thanks
Old 12-23-2015, 07:10 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by skyline4ever
Ok for thos that have been following my progress with my car, I recently decided on getting the eibach lowering springs and had them installed. I chose the ones with the biggest drop, which according to spec sheets is a 1.6 inch drop in the rear and 1.9 in the front.

it looks amazing at this height but my camber is way off and can't be fixed by an alignment on it's own so I'm looking for suggestions on good camber kits out there.

it also seems my front has dropped more then 1.9 inches as I did a measurement before and after the installment and the front seems to have droped 21/4 of an inch. is this normal with the eibachs to drop more then advertised? will it correct it self once the alignment is fixed?

thanks
The drop may be a bit exaggerated w/ your alignment way off but
If you're dropped that deep the SPC F&R kit will get you back in spec, these sell for about $500, if you plan to add an aftermarket sway bar the newer SPC rear camber arm may interfere, if you just run OEM sway bars they'll work fine. You can also run the SPC front kit and run the SPC rear 4 bolt kit, this uses rear camber bolts along w/ the rear toe bolts (the toe bolts are included in the SPC rear kit) and doesn't use new camber arms, this would be best if you plan to run bigger rear sway bars (and the X really needs them BTW).
The following users liked this post:
j50ny (06-29-2016)
Old 12-24-2015, 11:59 PM
skyline4ever

Originally Posted by blnewt
If you're dropped that deep the SPC F&R kit will get you back in spec, these sell for about $500, if you plan to add an aftermarket sway bar the newer SPC rear camber arm may interfere, if you just run OEM sway bars they'll work fine. You can also run the SPC front kit and run the SPC rear 4 bolt kit, this uses rear camber bolts along w/ the rear toe bolts (the toe bolts are included in the SPC rear kit) and doesn't use new camber arms, this would be best if you plan to run bigger rear sway bars (and the X really needs them BTW).

thanks alot, I'll look into these. I actually have the S version of the g37x, do you know if the 'S's got better sway bars or are they still running the same as all the coups have?
Old 12-25-2015, 12:31 AM
skyline4ever

is this all your saying I need for the rear?

SPC Performance Camber/Toe Cam Bolt Kit; Pair, Reqr's 1 per Wheel INFINITI FX35

can a simple bolt kit also work for the front too?
Old 12-25-2015, 11:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by skyline4ever
is this all your saying I need for the rear?

SPC Performance Camber/Toe Cam Bolt Kit; Pair, Reqr's 1 per Wheel INFINITI FX35

can a simple bolt kit also work for the front too?
Yes, that set will work for the back (you need two of those kits) but each bolt slot needs to be elongated w/ a dremel tool, so it will require more than just adding bolts and twisting them tight. Not hard to do but will require additional labor.

The front can get decent tire wear w/ a bit more camber since the toe is easy to adjust to spec. The stock front camber arms have no adjustment so you would need new adjustable arms, these run about $350. If you run a mild drop you should be able to run the OEM arms, but not all Gs drop the same or have the same alignment results, so you may need them
Old 12-27-2015, 12:24 AM
skyline4ever

ok great thanks. anyone els know if the g37s got better sway bars? I'll probably pick one these up and have it installed along side my camber kits if mine is no better then base model stock gs. I only as because I know the sport model came with several upgrades over the base model I just don't know what they all are.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2015, 06:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

I know the rear sway on the X sedan are a lot smaller than the RWD, not sure w/ the coupe. And your Eibachs seem to drop a lot more than the standard Eibach drop, if you are indeed dropped over 2" you WILL need those front camber arms to get camber to a reasonable point.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:12 AM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
I know the rear sway on the X sedan are a lot smaller than the RWD, not sure w/ the coupe. And your Eibachs seem to drop a lot more than the standard Eibach drop, if you are indeed dropped over 2" you WILL need those front camber arms to get camber to a reasonable point.
Rear X Coupe sway is just as puny.
blnewt (12-27-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 02:49 AM
skyline4ever

which one of these would you guys recommend for the g37xs coupe

B2 Auto Designs

or

Eibach Set of 2 Camber and Alignment Kits Front New Control Arm Coupe 5 72130K | eBay

the first doesn't specify it will work with the x or awd drive models, but doesn't say it wont either.

the second says it'll work with the x but not the x sport.

is there any difference in the suspension between the x and x sport?

are all of these things pretty much universal or are there specific differences when working with the awd models?
Old 12-30-2015, 09:55 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Here's what you need, this is the COMPLETE front & rear set, (2 front arms, 2 rear arms, and 2 rear toe bolts)
Combo Packages 2 Rear Camber Arms w/ Toe Bolts + 2 Front Adjustable A-Arms (Complete set for whole car front and rear) INFINITI G37
With this kit you will be able to get your front & rear easily into factory alignment specs.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:04 AM
skyline4ever

Here's what you need, this is the COMPLETE front & rear set, (2 front arms, 2 rear arms, and 2 rear toe bolts)
Combo Packages 2 Rear Camber Arms w/ Toe Bolts + 2 Front Adjustable A-Arms (Complete set for whole car front and rear) INFINITI G37
With this kit you will be able to get your front & rear easily into factory alignment specs.

ok thanks athough all I want is the front control arms I will use a simple bolt kit for the back since it´s not to far out of spec and I eventualy want to get an after market sway bar. by the way SPC is eibachs brand right?
Old 01-09-2016, 08:27 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Eibach is just a re-branded SPC part, and they're usually more expensive.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:24 AM
watchmegrub

Eibach is just a re-branded SPC part, and they're usually more expensive.
any reason to dish out extra money to buy SPC over the Eibach camber arms? I've read elsewhere that they're basically the same parts as well but it seems like more people are buying SPC from what I've noticed. thanks
Old 06-29-2016, 01:19 AM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
I went with the SPC 72262 rear camber kit for $189 on ebay.

and the SPC 73005 upper camber arms from Outcast Garage for $512

Both have the upgraded, XAxis high performance bushings. The Upper control arms are dual-adjustable.

I also called SPC today asking about why the other kit has curved rear arms. They said that is the "discontinued" design and that they moved to the straight arms for more stability. The rep said the extra clearance of the curved arms is not necessary so they dropped it. Since it is still highly available, it may not be so much discontinued as it is an alternative design, at least for now.

Still that other kit is much less expensive than what I went with, but I figured in for a penny, in for a pound.

Last edited by bikezilla; 06-29-2016 at 01:33 AM.
G37XS13 (06-29-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 01:35 AM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by watchmegrub
any reason to dish out extra money to buy SPC over the Eibach camber arms? I've read elsewhere that they're basically the same parts as well but it seems like more people are buying SPC from what I've noticed. thanks
I think he was saying Eibach is a more expensive re-branded SPC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best camber kit for g37x coupe