Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Just upgraded to 18s! Thoughts?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Bournano

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just upgraded to 18s! Thoughts?!

I've always LOVED thick 5 spoke wheels. I've always been infatuated with Dodge Chargers simply because of their wheels. Well, today I got the best of both worlds. My Infiniti now has the wheels I've always wanted. I have to go back in a few days to for a torque test, but besides that I should be good!

Thoughts? It's late out, so not the best pics. I can get more late if anyone wants to see more.

Enkei GP5 18s w/ 245/45/18s Michelein A/S 3 -- I love how the Enkei logo is an infinity symbol too!

Just upgraded to 18s! Thoughts?!-qo90mjj.jpg

Just upgraded to 18s! Thoughts?!-wwldqmi.jpg

SPECIAL THANKS TO -- BRAD (blnewt) -- YOU ARE THE MAN!
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (05-21-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 PM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Cool man, glad you're happy. It's nice to have something you've always wanted.

Now you just need to lower that 4x4 and you'll be golden
Old 05-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Bournano

Originally Posted by cecrops
Cool man, glad you're happy. It's nice to have something you've always wanted.

Now you just need to lower that 4x4 and you'll be golden
Much thanks! It really is awesome having a ride you are very proud of. I drove van throughout high school and college (while saving up) to afford this baby.

And I've debated lowering, but honestly just going an inch up (which it doesn't really seem any higher) isn't worth the drop (IMO). However, I'll still definitely keep it in mind. It rides very smoothly though!

Also, this AREN'T chrome. They are Silver Machine w/ Clear Coat. Just wanted to clarify since they do come off as chrome in the pic.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 AM
cecrops

It's even better that you were able to save for yourself and afford this beauty then. You will value and care for it much more so this way.. Keep them clean and they do shine nicely.

I went with Tein H-techs for my drop and they ride almost the same as stock, very smooth and comfortable. You do have to equate control arms, alignment and labor tho.

Where are you located? Come drive my G and then tell me 1 inch doesn't make a difference

Edit: ok you added your location after my post ><

Last edited by cecrops; 05-21-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: insert reason here
Old 05-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Bournano

Originally Posted by cecrops
It's even better that you were able to save for yourself and afford this beauty then. You will value and care for it much more so this way.. Keep them clean and they do shine nicely.

I went with Tein H-techs for my drop and they ride almost the same as stock, very smooth and comfortable. You do have to equate control arms, alignment and labor tho.

Where are you located? Come drive my G and then tell me 1 inch doesn't make a difference

Edit: ok you added your location after my post ><
Haha, yep. I was actually just updated my profile. Too bad you're in Florida... now I want to take you up on that offer. LOL. Like I said, I am considering. I am a novice when it comes to cars though (not ashamed to admit it), so lowering probably wouldn't be the easiest thing for me. Cheers for the kind offer though!

I do have some tire shiner and cleaner that I'll certainly apply once a week or so.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:36 AM
cecrops

Well if you start driving right now you can probably make here in a week. Offer will be good until then.

Like you said don't worry about being a car noob we all were at one point. Read as much as you can and start out small like the grounding wire DIY. It's so easy you'll be itching to do the next thing, possibly a CAI. have fun
Old 05-21-2014, 12:37 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Those are really nice looking wheels and they look great on your silver G.
Just so you're clear, you aren't an inch higher even though your wheels are now an inch larger in diameter. With those 245/45/18s you're still at the same height as you were before, the sidewalls on your new tires are a 1/2" shorter resulting in the same diameter as your original tires. Hope that makes sense.
Use this calculator and it will become clear, just enter your original 225/55/17 on the top line and your new 245/45/18 on the bottom line and BINGO, they're virtually identical
https://www.myg37.com/forums/tire_rim_calculator.php
As far as lowering your G, take a look at this thread and see what you think, a mild drop will really be a perfect look w/ your new wheels IMO.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...t-springs.html
The following users liked this post:
Bournano (05-21-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Bournano

Originally Posted by blnewt
Those are really nice looking wheels and they look great on your silver G.
Just so you're clear, you aren't an inch higher even though your wheels are now an inch larger in diameter. With those 245/45/18s you're still at the same height as you were before, the sidewalls on your new tires are a 1/2" shorter resulting in the same diameter as your original tires. Hope that makes sense.
Use this calculator and it will become clear, just enter your original 225/55/17 on the top line and your new 245/45/18 on the bottom line and BINGO, they're virtually identical
https://www.myg37.com/forums/tire_rim_calculator.php
As far as lowering your G, take a look at this thread and see what you think, a mild drop will really be a perfect look w/ your new wheels IMO.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...t-springs.html
Typed in all the info and it spat at that I didn't change height. I remember you telling this before, but the whole 1" larger thing got me.

I do understand that my sidewalls are a bit shorter though. Thanks again!