Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
h&r drm conversion

quick question for the experienced car modders:

background:
so i have a set of 15mm h&r drms. if you have ever mounted a set, you'll know that youll have to torque down a h&r nut to the original studs. the original studs (with the torqued down nut) slides into the pocket of the rims. the built-in studs go through the rim and engages with the original lugs.

issue:
the "pocket" of my new rims are kinda wacky and prohibit the "sliding in" of the h&r nut + original stud. thus, i am forced to run with extended studs with a DRS type spacer if i do want to end up running spacers. my question is... can i knock out the studs of the DRM spacers, buy some legit ARP extended studs, replace the oem studs with them, and slid the spacer in through where the original 'built-in' spacer was? essentially, can i remove the built-in studs and convert my DRM into a slipon DRS spacer?

-Jujubii
Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I don't see why not in theory. However, idk if the spacer itself would weaken from the removal of the spacer's studs.

Your best bet would be to go with a spacer that doesn't have studs....I wouldn't mess with knocking them out.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 PM
dimsler
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes you can, be careful not to crack the brittle aluminum spacer when you're removing those studs.