Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
//myg37.com/forums/picture-share/191716-more-pics-of-my-new-set-up.html

S TECHS ALL THE WAY!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:45 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Springs are just the stepping stones to coils, GET the coilovers, grasshopper!!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 AM
joo030879
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I have gone from spring to KW V3 coilovers for my G37S

If you are just after looks, spring is economical compared to coil-overs.

But if you are considering performance, balance, and longevity of your tire. Go for Coil-overs.

Compared to any aftermarket springs, in terms of performance and balance. Your stock G37S springs are much better. You will encounter damping problem with after market springs. The rear will shift slightly when you turn hard with after market springs. Setup on your stock G37S, front sits much higher than rear. This is because in transition from G35 to G37, to accommodate heavier engine. Engineers at Nissan made front higher in comparison to the rear of the car.

With coil-overs especially KW V3, you can adjust Damping, height, and stiffness of the ride. Giving you better handling and balance compared to Aftermarket springs. Yet Keeping same stock setting of front and rear height ratio. Without loosing balance of your G37S.

I can not disclose vendor of my KW V3, but I bought brand new for $1650. Springs should be in the range of $400 to $600 brand new. Consider getting your car right from the start. I did regret wasting money on Springs, installation charge, and most of all. I regret loosing handling of stock G37S.

Most important make sure to get Front Camber KIT. As you may already know.

Don't make same mistake I did.

DOMO

Last edited by joo030879; 03-12-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:05 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by joo030879

But if you are considering performance, balance, and longevity of your tire. Go for Coil-overs.

Compared to any aftermarket springs, in terms of performance and balance. Your stock G37S springs are much better. You will encounter damping problem with after market springs. The rear will shift slightly when you turn hard with after market springs. Setup on your stock G37S, front sits much higher than rear. This is because in transition from G35 to G37, to accommodate heavier engine. Engineers at Nissan made front higher in comparison to the rear of the car.

With coil-overs especially KW V3, you can adjust Damping, height, and stiffness of the ride. Giving you better handling and balance compared to Aftermarket springs. Yet Keeping same stock setting of front and rear height ratio. Without loosing balance of your G37S.

I can not disclose vendor of my KW V3, but I bought brand new for $1650. Springs should be in the range of $400 to $600 brand new. Consider getting your car right from the start. I did regret wasting money on Springs, installation charge, and most of all. I regret loosing handling of stock G37S.

Most important make sure to get Front Camber KIT. As you may already know.

Don't make same mistake I did.

DOMO
Very enlightening. Thanks.

But I've got a quick question. How come many people lower on eibach pro kit say they didn't need a camber kit, just get a good alignment?
Old 03-19-2010, 08:53 AM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by joo030879
Not completely true. Springs lower your center of gravity and provide less body roll when you take corners tight.

Longevity of tires? As long as your car is aligned properly, I dont see how coilovers will make your tires wear less.

Compared to any aftermarket springs, in terms of performance and balance. Your stock G37S springs are much better. You will encounter damping problem with after market springs.
We disagree. Although the stock sport springs were pretty firm for stock springs, there still was a decrease in body roll with the Eibach's and tanabes installed on my car.

Setup on your stock G37S, front sits much higher than rear. This is because in transition from G35 to G37, to accommodate heavier engine. Engineers at Nissan made front higher in comparison to the rear of the car.
Agreed that the front sits higher than the rears, but I dont think your reasoning is correct. Next time you are in a parking lot, look at all the other cars. The camry, corolla, mazda6, accord, civic, etc. All of those cars have the front fender gap higher than the rear. I think its because engineers want more clearance in the front because the front tires are the ones that turn to steer the car. I cant think of a single car where the rear has more gap than the front in a stock setup.

Agreed that there is more adjustability with coilovers, but if you are keeping the same front to rear height ratio with coilovers, you are the minority. Most people with coilovers drop the front more than the rear to even out the stance of the car.... and I would even go further and say most drop the rear a little more and have a front to back rake, which looks aggressive.

I bought my Eibach springs for 200 bucks, and the tanabe springs for 240. I dont know where you are getting your spring prices from, but they are about 50% cheaper than what you posted. And I dont understand how springs "loose" handling over the stock setup.

You are making it sound like springs DECREASE performance over the stock springs, which is entirely not true. My springs are firmer than the stock sport springs and lower the center of gravity. My car rebounds faster over bumps and has much lower body lean when taking turns faster compared to stock springs.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:29 PM
joselitopr

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The eibach website shows 1.5 at the front and 1.2 rear that's a lot more that what people says here at the forum.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by joselitopr
The eibach website shows 1.5 at the front and 1.2 rear that's a lot more that what people says here at the forum.
That's because we're talking about the Coupe's drop, not the Sedan.