Lowering the G in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 05:07 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
You realize there is a pinned thread in this forum listing AWD coil-overs???
Old 02-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
You realize there is a pinned thread in this forum listing AWD coil-overs???
no,checking now
Old 02-25-2019, 06:40 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Twin doesn’t make much for the AWD. I’d like to have a set of monoflex with edfc. Had that in my Legnum, and boy do I miss it.

Back when I was running their products, so mid to late 00s, I was riding buddies with a product engineer at Tein. Was told the US market Tein offerings are over sprung and over dampened, because stanced is actually a thing. Most Americans dump the car too low and Tein was tired of the warranty work. This was very true for the Subaru world, and required speical ordering of valving for the Flex dampeners in my wife’s GGB when it was time for rebuild.

I feel your pain with the selections of available coilovers for the AWD chassis. Sadly my friend has moved to greener pastures, as I believe the front fork appears very similar to the R35 GTR. This would have allowed better offerings for the V36 AWD market, because there would be off the shelf items to piece together.

That’s why the Koni idea came into play. I pulled the unit I have inside to warm up. I’ll try pulling it apart when the kids go to bed. It’s 5* outside and I don’t have my heated garage anymore. :-(
Old 02-25-2019, 07:19 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Corprin
Twin doesn’t make much for the AWD. I’d like to have a set of monoflex with edfc. Had that in my Legnum, and boy do I miss it.

Back when I was running their products, so mid to late 00s, I was riding buddies with a product engineer at Tein. Was told the US market Tein offerings are over sprung and over dampened, because stanced is actually a thing. Most Americans dump the car too low and Tein was tired of the warranty work. This was very true for the Subaru world, and required speical ordering of valving for the Flex dampeners in my wife’s GGB when it was time for rebuild.

I feel your pain with the selections of available coilovers for the AWD chassis. Sadly my friend has moved to greener pastures, as I believe the front fork appears very similar to the R35 GTR. This would have allowed better offerings for the V36 AWD market, because there would be off the shelf items to piece together.

That’s why the Koni idea came into play. I pulled the unit I have inside to warm up. I’ll try pulling it apart when the kids go to bed. It’s 5* outside and I don’t have my heated garage anymore. :-(
damn n thanks for even trying to put something like this together I wouldn't know where to start which is the boat I'm in now (no stock height pun intended)
Old 02-25-2019, 08:40 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

I do have a question what dampers are used for the g37x sedan if they use koni would they be a direct swap?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Redgoyabean
I do have a question what dampers are used for the g37x sedan if they use koni would they be a direct swap?
you hack open your stock strut bodies, pull the guts, and replace with the new inserts.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:38 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Corprin

you hack open your stock strut bodies, pull the guts, and replace with the new inserts.
c'mon easier said that'd done. Lol