Lowering the G in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 01:46 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Lowering the G in NYC

What's up guy need some advice , I've searched n read many reviews on many different brands n set ups for lowering spring n coilovers but cant decide. I live in the bronx n the potholes are every where not to mention the speed bumps. From what I've seen I really like swift lowering springs but being that I have a g37x sedan my strut n shock options are limited. I had a 2005 altima se-r on nismo lowering springs with kyb dampers to get rid off the hideous front wheel gap n the ride was pretty harsh, the front drop was almost 2in cant remember the rear n the 18in low profile tires didnt help. I'm not expecting an OEM ride n totally aware you lose some comfort when lowering your vehicle especially when doing so with springs n dampers that dont match but I dont want to be bouncing around every where so if any one is running swift springs with kyb dampers n you live in an area with bad roads plz pass on some advice n experience, also have no problem buying coilovers but I'm not tracking my car just a sprinted driver so if any one us running coilover in the 600 rang n have had them for some time on mostly bumper roads plz lay out your experience. Thanks in advance.

Stock height
niche m158 19x9.5 35 offset

Old 02-24-2019, 08:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I'd take a look at the K-Sport coilovers, quite a few X owners have them here, not sure how much they are now but shouldn't be much over your listed budget. You will need some camber arms in back for sure though (w/ the toe bolt kit). Wheels look nice on that G too!
Old 02-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I'd take a look at the K-Sport coilovers, quite a few X owners have them here, not sure how much they are now but shouldn't be much over your listed budget. You will need some camber arms in back for sure though (w/ the toe bolt kit). Wheels look nice on that G too!
thanks a lot n would love to drop my car already. I check the ksport n their 850 b4 shipping n tax. My only issue with spending that much on coilovers when is the fact I dont track n really only want to lower no more than 1.5in n probably 1k after install n everything. That's my issue.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:21 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Do not post your question in multiple forums, it just causes confusion.

Thanks.