G37x Fortune Auto Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 12:31 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
G37x Fortune Auto Review

Had my FA500's installed a week ago along with full front and rear SPC camber kit, cusco strut bar, and GT spec rear tie bar to compliment my m-brace and 370z rear sway. Everything was installed smoothly with no issues with fitment. I did have one issue with one of the dampners stuck on the front shock so I am not able to adjust, FA has been great to work with and is sending me a replacement since I put a deposit down and will refund when I send my old one back. The ride quality is incredible and I have no unusual noises. The car just feels so much better all around and makes you want to push it harder in the turns. Bumps just get soaked up and don't make the car feel out of control like I had with my previous setup of swifts with factory shocks. Overall these were worth every penny. I went with the swift upgrade and did 9k/8k and have the height set to 26.75" front and 27" in the rear and rear dampening set to 5 and one of my fronts set to 5, I think the other is stuck on 5 but not sure yet. I'll probably crank the fronts up to a 7 or 8 once my new shock arrives. I can honestly say that these are a huge improvement from the stock suspension and gives the car that sport sedan feel that it was lacking previously while still maintaining a compliant ride for daily driving. Car is filthy at the moment, but pictures to come.
The following 2 users liked this post by AUR11:
blnewt (01-25-2016), G37xsfun (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 02:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Excellent news! Is that a 5 out of 15 scale on the damper ****?
BTW, I'm making a copy of this thread to put in the review folder, thanks for the contribution!
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...to-review.html
Old 01-25-2016, 02:59 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Excellent news! Is that a 5 out of 15 scale on the damper ****?
BTW, I'm making a copy of this thread to put in the review folder, thanks for the contribution!
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...to-review.html
Absolutely! Can honestly say this was the best mod to date and was even girlfriend approved on ride quality, she absolutely hated my car before with the swifts. it's set at a 5 out of 24 on the adjustment. To the people that have been having clunking noises, I think they may have incorrectly set the preload in the rear. I installed the springs first and set them at the height I wanted and when they were secured in place by jacking up the spring bucket that set the preload. I then installed the shock and lengthened it out until it got really close to the hole and then jacked up the arm to secure it in place. I did not end up getting the rear extenders, but I'd rather just remove the shock since it takes about 2 min per side to adjust the dampening.