Annoying Front Suspension Creak - Any Help??

Old 03-12-2015, 11:50 AM
pgG37

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn... Now I dont know what camber kit to get...
Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 PM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
I hope it's OK to add my video to this thread. It is so similar. I'm hoping that someone can just verify for me. This all started after I lowered the car on Fortune Auto 500 coilovers and SPC front and rear camber kits. I can't for the life of me remember what the front kit part number was that I bought. The box is at the other end of the warehouse on top of a utility building. I can go look if it makes a difference. The rear camber kit was brand new, never installed, but the fronts were on a car for about 1,000 miles. I didn't notice any issues with them when I installed them so this is really a mystery.

Anyhow, I hear the noise from the LF, RF, and RR locations. I don't know if the RR is the same noise though. I can't hear it as well as the fronts when I'm driving. It's bugging the **** out of me. I hope it's just an issue of greasing.

Here's the video:
Old 05-22-2017, 03:05 PM
OnlyNismo
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the same issue and sounded exactly like this. It ended up being my ball joint that was bad on my SPC upper control arm. I had this replaced and the problem went away.

The part number for the ball joint for reference. SPC ball joint #7213025 . I ordered the part from THMotorsports like the OP. Came in about 2 days, super quick!

Originally Posted by jsampsell
I hope it's OK to add my video to this thread. It is so similar. I'm hoping that someone can just verify for me. This all started after I lowered the car on Fortune Auto 500 coilovers and SPC front and rear camber kits. I can't for the life of me remember what the front kit part number was that I bought. The box is at the other end of the warehouse on top of a utility building. I can go look if it makes a difference. The rear camber kit was brand new, never installed, but the fronts were on a car for about 1,000 miles. I didn't notice any issues with them when I installed them so this is really a mystery.

Anyhow, I hear the noise from the LF, RF, and RR locations. I don't know if the RR is the same noise though. I can't hear it as well as the fronts when I'm driving. It's bugging the **** out of me. I hope it's just an issue of greasing.

Here's the video:
Creaking - YouTube

Last edited by OnlyNismo; 05-22-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added vendor
Old 05-21-2021, 10:05 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I found this thread by googling "g37 creaking sound" and it described my exact problem. I also have BC coilovers, hotchkis swaybars, and SPC control arms.

It's been bugging me for a while, I checked everything, already installed new end links. Turns out the front passenger side bushing was a little dry. Funnily enough, I pumped some grease into it last week hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. I guess the grease couldn't spread around the whole bushing very well. I pulled it off and spread some grease around the whole bushing with my finger and the sound is completely gone. Hooray!!!
Old 05-24-2021, 09:55 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinibini
I found this thread by googling "g37 creaking sound" and it described my exact problem. I also have BC coilovers, hotchkis swaybars, and SPC control arms.

It's been bugging me for a while, I checked everything, already installed new end links. Turns out the front passenger side bushing was a little dry. Funnily enough, I pumped some grease into it last week hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. I guess the grease couldn't spread around the whole bushing very well. I pulled it off and spread some grease around the whole bushing with my finger and the sound is completely gone. Hooray!!!
There are many bushings in the suspension, are you talking about the SPC bushing or another?
Old 05-24-2021, 05:41 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
There are many bushings in the suspension, are you talking about the SPC bushing or another?
Sorry, I seem to have a habit of posting without giving much information.

It was the front passenger sway bar bushing that came with the Hotchkis swaybar. Put a little grease and it's nice and quiet now.