Ebay rotors and posi-quiet pads installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM
second2none

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
2012 INFINITI G37 Rotor. There's usually a code for an additional 5% off posted on the forum.
Thanks BB for the info.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by HD_G37S
What's pads are u using
Posi-quiet. Did you read title of the thread???
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by jaykellogg
They say it is applied electrostatically, to me that means electrostatic paint or powder coat. They say it stands up to brake cleaner and provides 400 hr of salt spray.
Actually they said it's superior to rotors that have electostatic finishes on them...in any case, I don't think it's a credible response. But that's up to the buyer.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
I bought BrakeLabs (R1 Concepts) zinc plated, slotted rotors and did the job in about 5 hours. I have yet to bleed the lines but the initial impression of the rotors are very solid. After bedding in the pads (60 mph to 10 mph, 90% braking force, 10 times), I can say that for the price, this was a good deal. The rotors are heavy duty pieces and I'm very happy with how they turned out. Braking is smooth and quiet and they perform as well, if not better than the OEM stuff I had. I don't have pics ATM but will take some when I get home. I recommend this part for those looking to replace their rusty OEM rotors (mine were terrible). They were sent with posi-quiet ceramic pads for $300.

Here are some pics for now:
Front

Rear

Just a heads up. From the pics, I believe the rotors are on the wrong side. The slots should be going the other way. It wont affect braking but the design of the slots are that they need to be going the other way
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Just a heads up. From the pics, I believe the rotors are on the wrong side. The slots should be going the other way. It wont affect braking but the design of the slots are that they need to be going the other way
You can have them going either way. I like this way better since the slots "move" forward when they're rotating. Just makes more sense in my mind
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
^x2 the slots do not matter. It's all about the vanes. If you do not have directional vanes, then it's all preference with the slots.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:19 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Did you painted the hub on yours? Can't tell if it's just the flash, they look painted though.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Did you painted the hub on yours? Can't tell if it's just the flash, they look painted though.
No they're not painted. The rotors were a very bright silver, much like how it is in the pic, when I got them. The darkness on the rotor that you see is after bedding in the pads. The zinc plating makes it the very bright silver (I'm pretty sure)
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Fezzik

Originally Posted by Redpit
^x2 the slots do not matter. It's all about the vanes. If you do not have directional vanes, then it's all preference with the slots.
Sorry I misread I thought he had the powerslots, and then saw it was powersports. The powerslots (now stoptech) the veins would have dictated the other way. But I dont know the veins on the powersports. My fault.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Now that you guys are mentioning the veins, I think they may be directional. If they are directional (pointing the same way as the slots), I need to flip them so that the veins are "moving" the opposite way? This is for air flow I take it.

I'll have to check them out this weekend.

http://zeckhausen.com/how_to_properl...all_rotors.htm

Last edited by SwissCheeseHead; 04-26-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
If they are directional, you need to look at the veins and put them so that they are rolling forward...kinda like a fan, if that makes sense.

Honestly though, it doesn't matter for daily driving. I'm sure the way you have them is fine.

I have directional veins on my rotors and have them installed the opposite wat you have yours installed. Again not that it matters for DD...but I'm a stickler for attention to detail.

I think there might be a picture in my album that shows it...then again, I haven't added pictures in a while.
The following users liked this post:
SwissCheeseHead (04-26-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
MyG37 - Rad_Slinger's Album: Garage - Onyxia - Picture

Here cheese.

Look at the way I have the slots/drills positioned to the rotor. Opposite of yours.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 AM
SwissCheeseHead

I'll go back and re-install them the right way anyway just because I want to do it right (assuming it's not the right way). I'll take a look this weekend...I never thought about it when I put them on. i was just too excited I guess haha.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Fezzik

Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
I'll go back and re-install them the right way anyway just because I want to do it right (assuming it's not the right way). I'll take a look this weekend...I never thought about it when I put them on. i was just too excited I guess haha.

I've done the same thing on my maxima back in the day. Just wanted to pass my experience on to you. I know that our cars can get brake fade and want to keep the brakes cool... this is under extreme tracking. Good luck, and let us know how these do!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
From the photos you linked to, those rotor vanes do not appear to be curved or directional. Also, if rotors are designed to be mounted in a specific position on the vehicle, each individual rotor will always have separate part numbers to differentiate which position it is for. Also often some part number marking on the rotor itself, but not always.

Absent any of that, it doesn't matter which way those are mounted.

Quick Reply: Ebay rotors and posi-quiet pads installed