Who makes front end links for the G37X sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM
RonMJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who makes front end links for the G37X sedan?

Like the title says...Who makes front end links for the G37X sedan? I ordered rear links from Whiteline but can't find a manufacturer of front ones. I'm adding Hotchkis sways, which arrived today.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 PM
nycty

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is such a late reply but, if you search around the forums there are some people that sell them. Also Moonface makes a adjustable swaybar link for the G but they are very pricey :/.. Part # is XMF-SAL13 , For Infiniti G37 (V36), Nissan 370Z (Z34). Hope that helps.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:48 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Bump.

Anyone make a stronger than OEM front end link for the AWD sedans?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:53 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
You guys are breaking the fronts? I have only had to replace both rears, Warranty FTW
Old 01-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
You guys are breaking the fronts? I have only had to replace both rears, Warranty FTW
+1

Are you guys actually breaking these or just wanting an upgrade?

Over on the 370 board the consensus seems to be OE. A set of AWD fronts is $22 on rock auto.

A set of RWD rears is $26 vs $130 for the set of rear whitelines. You would need to replace the rears 5 times to come out ahead on whiteline. I've been on eibach sways for 14k and haven't had an issue with the OE endlinks
Old 01-28-2015, 01:54 PM
G37Xtreme

I haven't broken anything...Don't even have upgraded sways yet.
I'm more of a "prevent the break from happening" kinda guy rather than a "wait until it fails, and hope nothing bad happens" kinda guy.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
I haven't broken anything...Don't even have upgraded sways yet.
I'm more of a "prevent the break from happening" kinda guy rather than a "wait until it fails, and hope nothing bad happens" kinda guy.
Search around here and the Z site, they aren't really a weak point.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:18 PM
G37Xtreme

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Search around here and the Z site, they aren't really a weak point.
So are aftermarket end links more about adjust ability rather than a sheer strength increase? In another thread where I raise this question, Rochester mentioned that lowered cars put stress on the end links, not so much a stiffer sway bar.

If one were to get an aftermarket end link, but not adjust it, and run it like it was stock, would that end link also be prone to failure, or are they built tough enough that you can do that?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:45 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

So are aftermarket end links more about adjust ability rather than a sheer strength increase? In another thread where I raise this question, Rochester mentioned that lowered cars put stress on the end links, not so much a stiffer sway bar.

If one were to get an aftermarket end link, but not adjust it, and run it like it was stock, would that end link also be prone to failure, or are they built tough enough that you can do that?
I have no idea, but what would the point be? Search around, hardly anyone is posting about broken end links

Edit: not all cars are created equal. Look at Mazdas. Almost every Mazda I see has broken rear end links hanging down. I snapped two on my stock 6s. How many broken end links have you experienced in the past?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:14 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
You guys are breaking the fronts?
So are aftermarket end links more about adjust ability rather than a sheer strength increase? In another thread where I raise this question, Rochester mentioned that lowered cars put stress on the end links, not so much a stiffer sway bar. If one were to get an aftermarket end link, but not adjust it, and run it like it was stock, would that end link also be prone to failure, or are they built tough enough that you can do that?
I have no idea, but what would the point be? Search around, hardly anyone is posting about broken end links
When you change the suspension height of the car the preload of the swaybar is affected. The main point of adjustable endlinks is to remove any preload off of the swaybars. That is why one would want to buy an adjustable endlink instead of the OEM endlink - not because they break the OEM endlink (I guess that could be another reason though). It is also why the adjustable endlinks should be installed/adjusted on a rack with all of the weight of the car on the suspension.

I have Whiteline rear endlinks installed, I also have SPL front endlinks but have not installed those yet as my car is having surgery.

Last edited by ttv36; 01-28-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:44 PM
G37Xtreme

That's just it. I started looking around and read about people breaking their end links. What I didn't realize is that they were (probably already) lowered, then added say bars, and that made it even worse...that's when they broke.

If you look around, you'll find broken end links in this forum plus some in the Z forum as well.

All of that being said, someday, I may lower, and when I do, I'll need adjustable end links...however, I can't seem to find any for a G37x in the front.

For now, I am thinking about just ordering the Hotchkis and having some fun. If I put some swift springs in, I'll address it then I guess, but I like to be proactive, not reactive.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:47 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

^ Read my post above. If you are stock height use the OEM endlinks.

These are the SPL Endlinks for the Z34 that I have, they should be the same for the V36 as the swaybars are the same but I have yet to install them and verify.
SPL PRO SUSPENSION | 09+ Nissan 370Z Z34
Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM
G37Xtreme

Originally Posted by tonyHTX
^ Read my post above. If you are stock height use the OEM endlinks.

These are the SPL Endlinks for the Z34 that I have, they should be the same for the V36 as the swaybars are the same but I have yet to install them and verify.
SPL PRO SUSPENSION | 09+ Nissan 370Z Z34
It's the AWD that causes issues. I contacted SPL and asked, but they said it wouldn't work. Further research has returned nothing with regards to adjustable front end links for the AWD G37.

EDIT:

I need to compare the front AWD end links to the front RWD end links and see what's different about them. It's got to be more than a length issue, as SPL (or anyone) could just cut out part of the material (unless they need to be substantially longer). So maybe it's the geometry of the end links.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:02 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

^ The part numbers are exactly the same between AWD and RWD, seems unlikely that there might be a difference like you say. 54618-JK52C and 54668-JK02D

Now if it's because the Z34 end links won't fit a V36 to begin with then that's a different story and I might have some for sale in the future.

Last edited by ttv36; 01-28-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:52 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
It's the AWD that causes issues. I contacted SPL and asked, but they said it wouldn't work. Further research has returned nothing with regards to adjustable front end links for the AWD G37.

EDIT:

I need to compare the front AWD end links to the front RWD end links and see what's different about them. It's got to be more than a length issue, as SPL (or anyone) could just cut out part of the material (unless they need to be substantially longer). So maybe it's the geometry of the end links.
I went back and forth for days after being told they would and wouldn't work. I need to follow up with Kirk to see if I can borrow the SPL links he bought for his RWD and see if they would work on my AWD. If they do I'll just buy him new ones and report back. SPL has been the only front end link I've found.

Quick Reply: Who makes front end links for the G37X sedan?