Eibachs not low enough? but should be!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
HMFIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redirect Notice

This is probably the closest that i can find to what i'm talking about. But in person, the front has a pretty big gap and i just don't see how the 1.2 drop can drop it flush as people say the Eibach does. I mean please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just not visually seeing it.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by HMFIC
Very true.

My car is completely stock at the moment.

So essentially with the Sport model that i have, you're saying that the car will still drop low enough to be right above the tire even tho it says only 1.2? i'm hoping that's the case lol
No, I am not saying that at all. I am saying dont think your car is going to be lowered exactly 1.2 inches.....I have seen eibach drops and I have had one. Do I think it lowers the car enough? No, but many other people may, its all subjective. If your very particular about where you want your car to sit, while in and out of your car I would advise you to get coilovers. I stuck with springs for a longer time because I loved the drop of the spring I was using. I was hoping someone was going to make a great shock/ strut set up for the G. I am also saying other things such as tire size can affect the way the car looks when its dropped or if it closes the gap.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:00 PM
HMFIC

Originally Posted by P Casey
No, I am not saying that at all. I am saying dont think your car is going to be lowered exactly 1.2 inches.....I have seen eibach drops and I have had one. Do I think it lowers the car enough? No, but many other people may, its all subjective. If your very particular about where you want your car to sit, while in and out of your car I would advise you to get coilovers. I stuck with springs for a longer time because I loved the drop of the spring I was using. I was hoping someone was going to make a great shock/ strut set up for the G. I am also saying other things such as tire size can affect the way the car looks when its dropped or if it closes the gap.
Got it. The tires are the stock bridgestones with pretty good amount of tread left so I'm curious as to why the gap seems so much bigger up front than other g37s's that i've seen.

Definitely not cool lol
Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by HMFIC
would you be kind enough to post a pic?

I just want to make sure that the gap is closed. Because when i look at the front, there is like a huuuuge 2inch+ gap and 1.2 isn't gonna bring it down like everyone says it does. Which is why i'm wondering if something is wrong LOL
I don't have any good picks showing the drop but I'll try to get some this weekend.

The 1.2 brought it down for me but keep in mind I have 20 inch wheels as well.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

I'll do you even one better and show you exactly what you are looking for. Here is a member who is on eibachs and stocks wheels (20 mm spacers behind them). You be the judge.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:13 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

obviously not stock tires, spacers will also make a diff as well.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

obviously not stock tires
Don't shoot the messenger! I think I did a pretty good job considering the timing involved.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:16 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Don't shoot the messenger! I think I did a pretty good job considering the timing involved.
Lol, Im not. That is a very good pic and it looks great.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:17 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

obviously not stock tires, spacers will also make a diff as well.
Yeah, but lets face it, any stock wheel with a drop (doesn't matter how big the drop is) isn't going to look that much better anyway.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Yeah, but lets face it, any stock wheel with a drop (doesn't matter how big the drop is) isn't going to look that much better anyway.
True .
Old 02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the Eibach is a decent drop if your not trying to go low and going for performance.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 PM
HMFIC

ah! that's exactly the drop i'm looking for! I'm going to be putting on 20's, *20x8.5* with 245/35/20 to be exact. haven't decided on the offset but pretty flush without rubbing is what i'm aiming for.

see, in those pictures, that is my ultimate setting. that is exactly what i'm doing for. I dont have a pic of my car but as you can see the tires are pretty close to the fenders and its a 1.2 drop. My issue is, with stock height and tires now on oem wheels. Add like 2 inches of gap to that. Thats what my car looks like. So where my car stands now, dropping the 1.2 up front, i just can't see how it will look like those pictures when the gap is over 2 inches wide.

I took a peep and i don't see anything showing any tampering with the suspension like markings on the nuts n bolts ect.

Very odd. But ultimately, that is the stance i'm going with!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
08slate08

eibach no spacers on 20 inch sc5 great drop

Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Ok guys, this is all subjective. I have had the Eibach drop, I see it every weekend when I am with a buddy. The Eibach drop is a small drop, it is sometimes hard to tell whether the car is even dropped imo. It does not get rid of "all" wheel gap. It makes it look a little better, wheel size, offset, spacers, tire size, ect will make a difference but it wont drastically change it. You will still have wheel gap.....I am not saying it looks bad by any means, cuz I loved SRG's G. Look at his Eibach drop with Cv1's. We can go over this all day long....

https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...-new-pics.html
Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Also, some pictures are going to be messed with, darker or lighter in some areas to make it look better. Different angles, ect

Quick Reply: Eibachs not low enough? but should be!