MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension-306/)
-   -   Eibachs not low enough? but should be! (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension/231914-eibachs-not-low-enough-but-should-be.html)

HMFIC 02-10-2012 08:58 AM

Eibachs not low enough? but should be!

So this is my 1st G37coupe, and 2nd for the wife. We've been big into Nissans and Infiniti's.

I had a 04 350z and lowered on eibach springs and was a perfect drop.

I saw that eibach makes the 1.2 drop front and .8 rear.

My car is used and i'm not quite sure what the issue is but when you look at the side profile of the car, the front is A LOT higher in the front than other g37s coupes. I'm not quite sure if the previous owner had done anything or not but folks all over the forums are saying the eibachs are a perfect drop to kill gap which i want.

When i eye measured the front and rear, the front fenders were like over 2 inches higher than the tires and the rear seemed kinda normal i suppose.

Has anyone had the same issue? I'm worried that if i get the eibachs, its gonna still not drop it low enough in the front and make the front have a bigger gap in the front than the rear.

I could go coilovers but i really just rather have springs.

Thanks for your time!

Allan

Black Betty 02-10-2012 09:27 AM

They should even the gap but the front may still have a little bit more gap than the rear. That's the way this car is built. The only way to get it exactly like you want is to install coilovers.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

1cleanG 02-10-2012 09:37 AM

^ I agree w/ Jeremy, the only way to get the "PERFECT" stance in your eye is to go coils.

If you're 100% stuck on springs though, check out 370 springs. Just like the 350's/g35's, they're interchangeable, and the 350's/370's always seem to have a more even drop. They also are a little more of an agressive drop compared to the G springs.

G springs always result in the front having that "floating" look to it.

HMFIC 02-10-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3358028)
They should even the gap but the front may still have a little bit more gap than the rear. That's the way this car is built. The only way to get it exactly like you want is to install coilovers.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Thank you very much! This is what i was afraid of. I didnt quite wanna go with coilovers just because of the extra cash, but if it's what i must do then i'll do it. I appreciate the information!

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3358033)
^ I agree w/ Jeremy, the only way to get the "PERFECT" stance in your eye is to go coils.

If you're 100% stuck on springs though, check out 370 springs. Just like the 350's/g35's, they're interchangeable, and the 350's/370's always seem to have a more even drop. They also are a little more of an agressive drop compared to the G springs.

G springs always result in the front having that "floating" look to it.

That's interesting that you say that! I've searched around before posting *newb to the G, but not to forums :D* And i've ran into the thread about the G37 that was dropped on the Htech springs but that came from a G35. I thought that was kinda odd but now that you've mentioned about the interchangeability, it makes sense now. hmm..

That drop def seems about right in the pictures, but good lord, if its one thing i can't stand is just an uneven drop but more so, the front being higher than the rear :52:.

Again, thank you folks for taking your time to explain! :biggthumpup:

I'll go poke around for some more coils or coilovers.

Thanks!

Allan

The Jewbag 02-10-2012 10:21 AM

H&Rs like ze baus

Kidcane 02-10-2012 10:26 AM

Only problem with using G35 or Z springs is the difference in weight of the car so it will effect the ride a little bit.

HMFIC 02-10-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by The Jewbag (Post 3358055)
H&Rs like ze baus

I've checked that out as well. 1.5 front and 1.4 rear.

I dont mind having a lower drop, but it'll appear the front will be still sitting higher than the rear :icon43:

HMFIC 02-10-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kidcane (Post 3358061)
Only problem with using G35 or Z springs is the difference in weight of the car so it will effect the ride a little bit.

THIS. That was my next question. The spring rates and lbs they handle is def for a car that's lighter than the g37. The person said using the H techs from the G35 on the g37 felt like "stock" but how long does it last before sagging or weakness begins.

Black Betty 02-10-2012 10:45 AM

In my observation, this is a Nissan/Infiniti thing. If you look at most every Nissan vehicle, most have horrendous front wheel gap. Much more so than the front. It just seems to be how they're engineered.

HMFIC 02-10-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3358083)
In my observation, this is a Nissan/Infiniti thing. If you look at most every Nissan vehicle, most have horrendous front wheel gap. Much more so than the front. It just seems to be how they're engineered.

you're right...I've noticed the same.

I guess it's Coilovers then.

Really wish i could just stick with springs and be done with it.

AroundTheG37 02-10-2012 11:08 AM

I have the eibachs and they are pretty damn low in the front. If anything the rear could use more of a drop.

HMFIC 02-10-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37 (Post 3358102)
I have the eibachs and they are pretty damn low in the front. If anything the rear could use more of a drop.

would you be kind enough to post a pic?

I just want to make sure that the gap is closed. Because when i look at the front, there is like a huuuuge 2inch+ gap and 1.2 isn't gonna bring it down like everyone says it does. Which is why i'm wondering if something is wrong LOL

HMFIC 02-10-2012 11:21 AM

Maybe it's just my eyes deceiving me. I guess i can always get them and try em. If I dont like, i'll just get coilovers.

P Casey 02-10-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by HMFIC (Post 3358064)
I've checked that out as well. 1.5 front and 1.4 rear.

I dont mind having a lower drop, but it'll appear the front will be still sitting higher than the rear :icon43:

H&R's actually drop your car little over 2 inches all around. Having a sport model could or will increase how your your drop is when adding springs. Our G's are usually 1 inch lower in the front than in the rear.. A lot of people including myself like a raked look. Which is having the front noteacibly lower than the rear. Other things can impact the how the car looks when lowered such as going with a 35 series in front instead of a 30 series tire. :biggthumpup:

HMFIC 02-10-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by P Casey (Post 3358129)
H&R's actually drop your car little over 2 inches all around. Having a sport model could or will increase how your your drop is when adding springs. Our G's are usually 1 inch lower in the front than in the rear.. A lot of people including myself like a raked look. Which is having the front noteacibly lower than the rear. Other things can impact the how the car looks when lowered such as going with a 35 series in front instead of a 30 series tire. :biggthumpup:

Very true.

My car is completely stock at the moment.

So essentially with the Sport model that i have, you're saying that the car will still drop low enough to be right above the tire even tho it says only 1.2? i'm hoping that's the case lol