tein h-tech FTW!... or eibach pro-kit FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 AM
daicon0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tein h-tech FTW!... or eibach pro-kit FTW!

i have an '08 base coupe with stock 18" oem wheels and i'm considering tein h-tech springs because my buddy highly recommends them but for the past 2 hours of searching and reading I found that no one is running h-techs anymore. recently everyone appears to run s-tech, H&R, eibach pro-kit, coilovers, etc.

Is there something wrong with h-techs i missed? is it because tein never made one for our g, so, frack 'em? I'm not looking to be slammed or semi-slammed only some-what slammed... if i went with coilovers i'd only consider KW's but they are too much $$$ at this time

should i get eibach pro-kit or maybe wait for swift springs?... thanks for your input!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:22 AM
skull81

i was in the same boat as you, but its between H&R and S-Tech's...... but then ive decided to wait for the "swift" springs, seeing how they claim just as good if not better ride compare to stock with the drop
Old 10-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The drop with H techs is for grandmas, just slam it
On s techs
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
From highest to lowest:

Eibach >>>> Tein H-Tech >>>> Tein S-Tech >>>> H&R

If you want a nice subtle even drop on all four corners I would recommend the H-Techs. If you want a slammed look with the possibility of rubbing / not being able to go over speed bumpers then go for the S-Techs.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:52 PM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none of those! Coils FTW!!! Bottom line...
Old 10-13-2011, 01:09 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
The drop with H techs is for grandmas, just slam it
On s techs
this ^^^
Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn
none of those! Coils FTW!!! Bottom line...
or this^^^
Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
daicon0

Thx guys! After much counsel with my grandma I decided to stick with the h tech. If i don't like it I'll consider s tech or h&r. I'll post pics in few weeks!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Coils! It's not too late!!! I made the mistake of going springs first and it was a waste of money as I will be transitioning to coils next after winter storage...

I know this may not mean anything to you as it meant nothing to me when I was reading the same advise a year ago and I am kicking myself for not just waiting and getting the KW coils I wanted... But read up more... Are you on aftermarket wheels or have plans to be in the future? If so, coils is the only way to go to give you the adjustability and options with offsets and different types of wheels...
Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Chi City G, such a killer G you've got.
I just installed B&G S2 springs, even 2" drop on all 4 corners, very happy w/ the ride (pre-alignment) These should be a good option if you want an aggressive drop.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2" drop? Man the Sedan really sits SUV status then.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:40 PM
daicon0

I would get kw coils but I'm looking to get a few more things, i already purchased the h tech, I get what u mean when u say meaning nothing to me and ur correct, I've never ridden on any and don't have the sense to appreciate the uses it may bring. Nonetheless I will consider it later on

Thx for pics newt, thats a nice drop, are you using any camber kits? I don't see too many on those springs
Old 10-14-2011, 12:17 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by daicon0
I would get kw coils but I'm looking to get a few more things, i already purchased the h tech, I get what u mean when u say meaning nothing to me and ur correct, I've never ridden on any and don't have the sense to appreciate the uses it may bring. Nonetheless I will consider it later on

Thx for pics newt, thats a nice drop, are you using any camber kits? I don't see too many on those springs
Thanks, the drop is pretty low, similar to S techs from the look of it. I have SPC F&R kits w/ rear toe bolt. Getting it aligned tomorrow so we'll see if it all comes back near spec. I believe B&G just recently added these springs to their catalog, they've been around for a long time and have done a lot of product for BMW, Audi, Acura. I'm not sure how many Infiniti models are available right now.

Originally Posted by Staples
2" drop? Man the Sedan really sits SUV status then.
Yep, there's zero gap now and there was just about 2" to begin with. I was previously at 27 & 3/4" at the bottom of the front fender now I'm at 25 and 5/8". Rears were 28", now right at 26". I need to get a good level pic, the rear shows more gap at this angle, but it is zero. Here's a before & after~

Old 11-12-2011, 09:54 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by daicon0
i have an '08 base coupe with stock 18" oem wheels and i'm considering tein h-tech springs because my buddy highly recommends them but for the past 2 hours of searching and reading I found that no one is running h-techs anymore. recently everyone appears to run s-tech, H&R, eibach pro-kit, coilovers, etc.

Is there something wrong with h-techs i missed? is it because tein never made one for our g, so, frack 'em? I'm not looking to be slammed or semi-slammed only some-what slammed... if i went with coilovers i'd only consider KW's but they are too much $$$ at this time

should i get eibach pro-kit or maybe wait for swift springs?... thanks for your input!
Eibach with the rear spring perch mod, sits perfectly level!!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:25 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Coils! It's not too late!!! I made the mistake of going springs first and it was a waste of money as I will be transitioning to coils next after winter storage...

I know this may not mean anything to you as it meant nothing to me when I was reading the same advise a year ago and I am kicking myself for not just waiting and getting the KW coils I wanted... But read up more... Are you on aftermarket wheels or have plans to be in the future? If so, coils is the only way to go to give you the adjustability and options with offsets and different types of wheels...
Listen to this man. Learn from his experience!!