Sedan coilover on a Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Weezzerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedan coilover on a Coupe?

OK...i have finally decided which coils i'm getting which is the Tein Comfort Sport (Tein CST) for my G37 coupe (CKV36). The only reason i choose this is because it is the only one servicable where i live (Asia) and provide balance on ride and performance. However, Tein's Japan website only listed Tein CST for the G37 Sedan (KV36).

HOME >> PRICE LIST >> Browse by products >> COMFORT SPORT >> NISSAN

When i emailed them, they stated that it is compatible with the G37 Coupe except that the ride height drop would be lower due to difference of vehicle weight. I would only have to adjust the position of spring seat on the coils. For your info, the Sedan is only 70 - 100lbs heavier than the coupe.

So my question is:

1) will this affect how it was meant to perform on the coupe? or just by adjusting the spring seat, it would perform as if designed for the coupe?

2) will the ride quality/performance be affected as well?

3) any other things i should know when installing sedan coils on coupe?

Also worth noting, im installing coils for the improve handling performance and stability. Not looking to lower and planning to keep the OEM ride height (maybe just 1 inch lower at the front..)
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Weezzerr
OK...i have finally decided which coils i'm getting which is the Tein Comfort Sport (Tein CST) for my G37 coupe (CKV36). The only reason i choose this is because it is the only one servicable where i live (Asia) and provide balance on ride and performance. However, Tein's Japan website only listed Tein CST for the G37 Sedan (KV36).

HOME >> PRICE LIST >> Browse by products >> COMFORT SPORT >> NISSAN

When i emailed them, they stated that it is compatible with the G37 Coupe except that the ride height drop would be lower due to difference of vehicle weight. I would only have to adjust the position of spring seat on the coils. For your info, the Sedan is only 70 - 100lbs heavier than the coupe.

So my question is:

1) will this affect how it was meant to perform on the coupe? or just by adjusting the spring seat, it would perform as if designed for the coupe?

2) will the ride quality/performance be affected as well?

3) any other things i should know when installing sedan coils on coupe?

Also worth noting, im installing coils for the improve handling performance and stability. Not looking to lower and planning to keep the OEM ride height (maybe just 1 inch lower at the front..)
Others have used the same coilovers on both sedan and coupe so you should be good there. I believe the coupe is heavier than the sedan though.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Weezzerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Others have used the same coilovers on both sedan and coupe so you should be good there. I believe the coupe is heavier than the sedan though.
Oh..is it?? Oh ok..better look into it again..

Anyway..thanks for the help...