Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help: Reinstalling steering wheel/airbag when reconnecting battery horn goes off

Old 05-23-2019, 01:44 PM
GDriveAlot
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help: Reinstalling steering wheel/airbag when reconnecting battery horn goes off

Hey guys hoping someone can help me. I finally did the steering wheel wrap mod on my car, and vinyl wrapping the trim bezel. However when I am reinstalling the airbag, it doesn't fit flush, like its not going in all the way. I don't remember if this is normal or not. However, when I reconnect the car battery, my horn starts going off. Any advice? I believe I installed everything back correctly.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:54 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
If you popup off the airbag center, w/all wires still connected, does the horn STILL go off?

You got the horn wire/connection pressed somewhere.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:20 PM
GDriveAlot
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by teahead
If you popup off the airbag center, w/all wires still connected, does the horn STILL go off?

You got the horn wire/connection pressed somewhere.
Yes, but I figured it out at least it seems like it. I loosened the two T40 bolts with the springs underneath a little and it somehow worked. In regards to the airbag not sitting flush, is this how it is suppose to be? I should have tooken a before picture

Last edited by GDriveAlot; 05-23-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by GDriveAlot
Yes, but I figured it out at least it seems like it. I loosened the two T40 bolts with the springs underneath a little and it somehow worked. In regards to the airbag not sitting flush, is this how it is suppose to be? I should have tooken a before picture
this is the correct way to fix the horn issue
for the airbag not sitting flush its the same T40 bolts on the springs that determine how flush the airbag will sit...if they are all the way tight they set off the horn nonstop..too loose and the airbag wont sit flush and may even seem like its falling out...you have to loosen them evenly and only enough so that they aren't in constant contact with the copper contacts for the horn but theres still tension on the springs