Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Problem w/ Cruise Control and Heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:23 AM
therzdae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem w/ Cruise Control and Heated seats

Howdy Y'all,

I have owned my 2011 G37S for about a month now, in that time I realized I didn't check the car enough before buying butttt too late to b*tch about it now.
So Both my cruise control, and my heated seats don't work...

I have done extensive research on this forum, TONS of information but none of them fit my issues besides the basics like checking fuses (already did no issue), or if I was doing something wrong so I also read a good bit of our manual on here.

So the cruise control will turn on but never engage, I believe the "cruise" comes up when I turn on but when I hit it to set the speed the speed number never comes up or set at all... I have also thought "maybe the digits are just broke" so I followed manual instructions and would have "set" it but it doesn't engage. So I have checked the fuses those are good, my next step was going to be taking out the switch and cleaning it (maybe someone spilt a drink on it) However if someone has ran into this I would love to know experience, or possible fixes, or even something to check in addition to switch?

Now the 2nd issue
The heated seats down turn on, when I twist either **** I believe the light on the **** is suppose to light up, mine does not. Again thought maybe just the light went out so I cranked them both up drove it for well over a hour never got any heat... So checked fuses, they good, So next step is also taking out the switches and clean/check them... Though maybe someone has an idea before I go about this also?? [/SIZE][/B][/B]

Now I know the car has been in a wreck in the driver side front end, Maybe something is located around there that can affect these two?

Any advice would be thoroughly appreciated!!!

Last edited by therzdae; 07-26-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:18 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Check to see if they run on the same fuse , Heck just check the fuses. If not there might be a wiring issue from the accident :/
Old 07-24-2015, 05:38 PM
Gearratio
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise control

Does your car have intelligent cruise control, it won't engage if your too close to another car up too about 6 car lengths away.you would know if u have a sensor in your lower grill, also if the sensor is dirty it won't work either.as far as the seats I'm sorry don't have answer for that,hope u figure it out.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:17 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
I had my heated seats go out after 2 years..thankfully they were under warranty and didnt have to worry about them.. they had to replace 2 seat packs for mine
Old 07-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
The **** is a potentiometer so its misreading like a fuel gauge sensor in tank would if it didnt read right voltage
Old 07-31-2019, 07:28 PM
GoatBeard
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure about the heated seats, but I had a similar problem with my cruise control. Next time you're out, try lifting up the brake pedal with your foot, and hold it up, while setting the cruise speed. There is a pedal actuator type button (don't know the technical name) under the pedal. There is a nut you can adjust it with and set the brake pedal actuator closer to the pedal once the pedal is released. I can take pics and describe it more if needed and you find that the foot under the pedal, in fact, has cruise control engage.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Rollo
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by GoatBeard
Not sure about the heated seats, but I had a similar problem with my cruise control. Next time you're out, try lifting up the brake pedal with your foot, and hold it up, while setting the cruise speed. There is a pedal actuator type button (don't know the technical name) under the pedal. There is a nut you can adjust it with and set the brake pedal actuator closer to the pedal once the pedal is released. I can take pics and describe it more if needed and you find that the foot under the pedal, in fact, has cruise control engage.
Totally this on the cruise...the guy I bought my G from used had a video of how to fix this I think. If you google it you can probably find the solution. I was having this problem when driving home my car that I had just purchased and I called the dealership and the guy told me to hold up on the brake and it worked. I made the adjustment and no further problems for 3+ years so far...