Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

passenger seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
twerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
passenger seat issue

So I have noticed the passenger seat rattles a lot when driving on bumpy roads or going over bumps. Does anyone else have this issue?

I think I might need to take her in to have them try and fix it.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:01 PM
voltic

Check the seat belt. I bet it's rattling against the B-pillar.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:51 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
subscribed. not to thread jack, but i have a similar issue as well, but with my driver's seat. it ROCKS a bit when i lean back.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:54 AM
voltic

^ Dude, me too, but it didn't before I had the seat replaced. It doesn't rattle though.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:07 AM
kool_yaar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ there was a common issue with the 1st gen Gs where the driver seat frame became loose from the car and later on broke, might as well check out those bolts and tighten em up before the seat frame starts to get damaged.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 AM
vaio23
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Yes, I notice my passanger seat shakes allot during driving also. I thought it was because I am dropped on 20's.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 AM
RX Law

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking I figured out the Source of the Rattle from Passenger Side

I just picked up my brand new G37s Sedan 6MT Blk/Blk. I am coming from an Acura TSX, which was a slower, but arguably a more refined car.

I have the same rattle coming from my passenger side. It seems to happen randomly, and at about 4K RPM. I was upset to hear this. In my 4 years with the Acura - I never had a single rattle or cockpit noise, other than that vtec engine struggling past 7k RPM to move the car forward a few more MPH.

Point is - I should not have to be back at the dealership on day 3 with a brand new 42K car. But there I am, explaining the unusual sound to the guy who sold me the car (no mechanic was available, i just dropped in).

So we take a ride. The car sounds great. Does not make a single rattle. The sales rep comments on how good the car sounds. I tell him shhhh and we continue listening for the rattle, which never comes - despite my efforts to reproduce. The sales rep is starting to think I'm nuts.

I drop him back off, and head back out on my way home - totally unsatisfied witrh the service, no one believed me when clearly there was a rattle.

Sure enough, the second i pull out of the dealer - rattle comes from the passenger seat. WTF!! Then I realize - its the Seatbelt!!! Or something inside the seatbelt.

When the sales rep was in the car, he was buckled in. Thus - no rattle. Try this - when your car is making the rattle, plug the passenger seatbelt into the buckle and see if you still get the rattle. Mine stopped.

Good to know there is not a serious issue with the car... on the same token, the real issue is not the seatbelt - it is the engine vibration. A lack of refinement, if you will. I went back and forth between the 2012 TL SH-AWD and the G37s for two weeks. I went with the G37 in the end because it was faster - and Acura couldnt find me a TL with a 6 speed.

Am I happy with my choice (and the rattle)? Absolutely. This car is amazing fun to drive. I was on the highway, day 3 (200 miles in) and came across a 2012 TL SH, dealer plates on and all. He was messing with me so I downshifted - and destroyed him.

Speaking of which - I have not followed ANY break in guidelines, unless there is one that says drive it like you stole it. After that race with the TL, i was addicted to driving it hard. I was concerned this was the reason for rattle at first...
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
i have that annoying rattle also, and it may be the seatbelt. i fiddle around with it while driving and it still rattles. in any case, i don't want to have to drive with the passenger seatbelt buckled when no one is in it. i have not taken it to the dealer because my experience is generally, if you take your car in for a rattle, you get it back with a new rattle.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:36 PM
ATL-G37s

my G37s has a vibration noise in the the passenger seat too. The passenger seat-belt will make a vibration noise as well at certain times. To resolve the seat-belt noise, i will pull it out and release is a couple of times. This usually resolves the seat-belt noise.
As for the passenger seat vibrating, there is not much you can do when it is empty.
Overall, my car has had several vibration/rattle issues:
-passenger seat
-passenger seat-belt
-my sunroof seal makes a creaking noise when the road surface is not absolutely smooth
-rear deck (parcel trey) has a "tinny" metal vibration sound

Over-all I am satisfied with the car, but one would expect not to have these issues, and the other ones indicated by other forum members, when you buy a $42K car.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:25 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
oh ya, i have the rear deck rattle too. and the front dash rattles from the voice when I'm on bluetooth.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Wiggum

I had my car for a few months and after someone was in the passenger seat I started hearing the noise. It was driving me insane. Took me two days to figur out it was the belt buckle (Part near the center console.) I tucked mine down in the seat and the noise stopped.