Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Best thing since the Iron-Man? Quad Bi-Xenon Projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 05:16 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want those NAOW. 180 get on this please screw my taillights, ill wait for these instead..
Old 06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
As dope as finagle69's headlights look from far, I'm going for a different approach, something more OEM looking and centered with the housing, so the guys who aren't into the painted/modified headlights could appreciate the quad projectors for the OEM look and outstanding light performance.

Example of what finagles headlight look like upclose:

I can see why he had to cut the back of the headlight out, due to such tight space, it's almost impossible to fit a projector in there unless it sticks out into the headlight bezel. We're trying to avoid that route so the headlight looks OEM front to back, no cutting, shaving, or hacking things up, just the foglight reflector, so worse case, the headlights can always be reverted back to stock by swapping the foglight reflector. That will also allow for a quicker turn around time as we'll have the projector already retrofitted into the reflector so once a customer mails his lights in, we can turn them around the same if not next business day, and in person visits won't take more than 2-3 hours.

Like I've stated before, the goal of this is to make this as simple as possible so the hours in labor are minimal, making this affordable for many.

We're waiting for some more parts to arrive so we'll get pictures up as soon as possible.

- Igor
Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
^ could this be done to the 07 sedan heads?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:18 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dj farhan
^ could this be done to the 07 sedan heads?
Unfortunately not without major hacking and fabrication to the back housing and bezel, could cause a major issue with condensation.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
looks dope! You can have my headlights in the winter! =)
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Definately interested!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Brooklynstar23

very very interested but need to see pics first since i really cant visualize it in my mind that well
Old 06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats a great idea and they look awesome
Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Help us decide on what suits your needs...

Do you guys want the projector in the foglight to be just as functional or better as the low/high beam from the factory projector

OR

Do you guys mainly want this for aesthetic purpose, using a SLIGHTLY smaller projector will barely diminish the output but still function 100x better than the factory fogs, but not as well as the factory projector, probably about 40% less output.

Reason I'm asking is if we use a smaller projector, then we can incorporate a full size projector shroud portraying a factory look, and allow more room for cosmetic lighting (leds, rings, etc.)

If we use the same size projector as the factory, the shroud will need to be custom fabricated to accommodate the headlight bezel but the lighting options such as LED's or any kind of Halo/Orb rings will not be as easy (maybe not at all) to incorporate.

Basically, are you guys looking for FORM OR FUNCTION, if you want both, we'll need to slightly sacrifice one or another.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 180Custom

Do you guys want the projector in the foglight to be just as functional or better as the low/high beam from the factory projector

OR

Do you guys mainly want this for aesthetic purpose, using a SLIGHTLY smaller projector will barely diminish the output but still function 100x better than the factory fogs, but not as well as the factory projector, probably about 40% less output.

Reason I'm asking is if we use a smaller projector, then we can incorporate a full size projector shroud portraying a factory look, and allow more room for cosmetic lighting (leds, rings, etc.)

If we use the same size projector as the factory, the shroud will need to be custom fabricated to accommodate the headlight bezel but the lighting options such as LED's or any kind of Halo/Orb rings will not be as easy (maybe not at all) to incorporate.

Basically, are you guys looking for FORM OR FUNCTION, if you want both, we'll need to slightly sacrifice one or another.
This may be personal preference, but I'd say smaller projector that outputs less with factory shroud. If you have 2 high power projectors running at the same time you're going to be blinding everyone else on the road. It'll look like you're running the high beams; and not everyone appreciates that. So smaller projector, can do a double ironman, or even a half ironman (half the LED's) on the projector fogs. Even no LED's would look ok.. just the projector. That's my input.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Romeo0119

I dont care about foglight that much, need the look. Thats my opinion anyway
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
would be nice to see that on the newer sedan headlights
Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks awesome! In for final product.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 PM
coolraz

Originally Posted by 180Custom

OR

I vote for that! As far as brigtness the OEM light is plenty for driving, this is more for the aesthetic look. Only thing is...would it look really weird if one is strong but not the other?? Or would the difference not really be visible??
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Smaller projector output will still be better than stock fogs right? Which brand is this smaller projector?
How about upgrading the lens on the stock projector to improve the headlight output?

Quick Reply: Best thing since the Iron-Man? Quad Bi-Xenon Projectors?