Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Just did LED Upgrade-What I Used (FYI)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the 5SMT LED and it always glows. At first I was worried, posted on here, everyone thought I was crazy, did something wrong, or said it wasn't a big deal.
A year later, they still glow, my battery has never died, and I don't notice it any more.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 AM
sunny051488

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you take out the dome plastic cover to replace the lights? Do i just pry them out with a plastic opening tool?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:30 AM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sunny051488
how do you take out the dome plastic cover to replace the lights? Do i just pry them out with a plastic opening tool?
get a small flathead screw driver stick it into one side (top or bottom) and dig it in. Pretty much you will be sinking the piece inside and pushing in a bit and it will pop out of place side by side there are 4 hooks one on each corner...
Old 01-14-2011, 10:38 PM
sunny051488

Exclamation

Originally Posted by TONY37X
*** UPDATE *** I Decided to swap my interior LEDS once again from v-leds.com 5K SMT HIGH POWER LED LIGHT BULBS to the 6K WHITE SMT X5 HIGH POWER LED LIGHT BULBS and now I'm really happy with the look! The 6K X5 LEDS cost a few bucks more a pair but the intensity is much more white and clean and they match the OEM illuminated kickplates perfectly.

I highly recommend these too all G37 owners who want a quick, high-quality LED upgrade. Link found below:
2 HID 6K WHITE SMT X5 HIGH POWER LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

I bought this exact led after reading this thread and this post and i installed it last night and lets just say it didnt go well. I had started a new thread taht explains what happened but basically my entire interior electronics fuses blew. Just got it fixed at the dealership today and here's what the diagnostic appeared to be.

The LEDs melted the wires and connectors for the map lights and the fuse would blow every single time you opened the door or unlocked your car from the outside so these lights def didnt work out for me.

I really still want to replace the stocks with Leds but i dont want to pay $80 again if the wires melt cause of the leds.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM
TONY37X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sunny051488
I bought this exact led after reading this thread and this post and i installed it last night and lets just say it didn't go well. I had started a new thread that explains what happened but basically my entire interior electronics fuses blew. Just got it fixed at the dealership today and here's what the diagnostic appeared to be.

The LEDs melted the wires and connectors for the map lights and the fuse would blow every single time you opened the door or unlocked your car from the outside so these lights def didn't work out for me.

I really still want to replace the stocks with Leds but i don't want to pay $80 again if the wires melt cause of the LED's.

Freak accident I'm sure.... Either a shorted out LED from the factory or you really messed up! Ive Changed the LEDS inside and out on my G back and forth several times trying to find the perfect ones, and run many types and brands in my previous Scion TC for years and have never had anything like this happen. Worse thing Ive ever dealt with was low quality LEDs that would flicker and burn out after a few months. Better luck on the next attempt.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 PM
sunny051488

Originally Posted by TONY37X
Freak accident I'm sure.... Either a shorted out LED from the factory or you really messed up! Ive Changed the LEDS inside and out on my G back and forth several times trying to find the perfect ones, and run many types and brands in my previous Scion TC for years and have never had anything like this happen. Worse thing Ive ever dealt with was low quality LEDs that would flicker and burn out after a few months. Better luck on the next attempt.
Thanks tony, my luck must really suck for sure. Like i dont know how hard to press in the leds so i was scared to push it in too much and i guess i left it with a loose contact which somehow caught fire and melted the wires.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Art Vandaley

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
I'll take some pic's this weekend. I don't have the back-up camera and I haven't done the back-up lights yet.

Trunk = $12
Door, Map & License = $30
Vanity = $8
Back-Up = $60
Front Parking/City = $20 (haven't installed yet)
Fogs = $47 (haven't installed yet)
-----------------------------------
$177 Total (not including shipping)

Looking at the back up lights right now.. is that $49 for both or individual??
Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Built2Prfctn

Has anyone gotten the LED 7444NA turn signal bulbs with resistors?
Im looking to purchase these
Dual Color Switch Back Switchback 7443 7444 LED Turn Signal Lights & Resistors | eBay
Just curious how to install the resistors..