Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Driver door problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:01 AM
ronin1099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asked a dealer about the problem, his response was that the passenger door requires more effort to close due to the added safety incase of the collission. Basically he talks nonsense.

I will get the car to the Infiniti service next week. Someone said here "Are you that weak that you can't put extra strength in closing the door"

1. Long term damage very possible.
2. It gets very uncomfortable, especially closing from the inside, it is like you closing a 60s car door. After driving G35 for 3 years, I got used to closing it easily.

I gave to my brother to test drive the car, and since before he was in the passenger seat, he noticed the difference in closing the door immediately. He said, "It feels like the belt stuck or something?!"
Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
JMP0323

going to bring it to gunn infiniti's atention and get it resolved!
dont know when i will take it in though
Old 01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
leeladisky

Great NorCal Dealer

All - as an FYI, Infiniti of Marin has been amazing in their attempts to resolve this issue for me! I will keep you apprised of their findings, but they are bending over backward and have not yet said, "They cannot fix," or any other indication that I'm crazy.

If you are in the NorCal area, I highly sugest you use them...

Lee
Old 02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
ronin1099

Dropped of a car today, service dept. mentioned that it happened because of tinting, when company tints the windows for you, because of frameless windows, this problem can happen.

I told the service dept. that this problem was on the same day of the purchase but I was just told by the dealer that it is natural. At first I thought fine but later noticed that the door hits the top of the door frame when closing.

They will tell me later on today if the warranty will cover it or not. They blame the tinting company but I know for sure that was before tinting was done.

Word of warning to all the buyers, check your car thoroughly before leaving the dealership after the purchase.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo
It is not that big of a deal, all you need to do is put a LITTLE more effort when closing the door (You dont have to slam it). It does not take that much more strength to close the door. If you are that concerned or WEAK, you should go to the gym and lift some weights. Hahaha
lol.

i have noticed once in a while that closing the driver's side door requires more effort than i originally expected. but since i've never sat in the passenger seat, i don't have anything to compare to. i will check this tonight and get back to you guys.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
leeladisky

Originally Posted by ronin1099
Dropped of a car today, service dept. mentioned that it happened because of tinting, when company tints the windows for you, because of frameless windows, this problem can happen.

I told the service dept. that this problem was on the same day of the purchase but I was just told by the dealer that it is natural. At first I thought fine but later noticed that the door hits the top of the door frame when closing.

They will tell me later on today if the warranty will cover it or not. They blame the tinting company but I know for sure that was before tinting was done.

Word of warning to all the buyers, check your car thoroughly before leaving the dealership after the purchase.
That is a load of CRAP. My windows are tinted as well and it was a problem prior to and remained equally problematic after the tint. My dealer corrected as follows: 1) in examination the dealer noticed the hood to front left fender was NOT a straight line (the gap increased as you moved from the front bumper to the A pillar), they also noticed the passenger door didn't fit flush when it met the rear qtr panel. Net: The fit of the drivers door (read: alignment) was off. They sent the vehicle to the "body shop" for non-intrusive work (read: minor adjustment of the door and front fender - this did NOT require paint work or removal of any parts, just an adjustment level repair only). After this work, the door closes as easy as the passenger door, however, we discovered that the driver window now needs a bit of tightening as well due to the change in alignment of the door (it makes a slight slapping sound as it closes, prior to the automatic 1/2" raise to seal that occurs 1 sec after it is closed).

I highly recommend you bring your car in for this adjustment if you have this issue - you will absolutely notice that the lines on the car are MUCH cleaner once the driver side front fender and driver door are adjusted to fit properly!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:57 PM
leeladisky

And, for the record, don't think it escapes me that the vehicle left the factory with misaligned body panels. Didn't make me happy or, at all comfortable to have my 2 mos old car in the body shop.

L
Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
YeahRightFoo

Hey Lee, Can you post a picture of the after picture?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
leeladisky

Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo
Hey Lee, Can you post a picture of the after picture?
I will try, but I am travelling for the next week+. If you remember, send me a PM next Thursday and I'll try and post it... ;-)

Lee