MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Body Interior Exterior Lighting (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting-314/)
-   -   Driver door problem? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting/177019-driver-door-problem.html)

ronin1099 01-23-2008 08:20 PM

Driver door problem?

I recenly bought G37 Journey fully loaded. On 19th of January.
Everything seemed to be allright but my door does not close easily compared to the passenger door. If I just push the passenger door slightly it closes but with mine I have to put some effort in closing it. It gives a feeling like the seatbelt is stuck but its not.

Does anyone else experience the same issue? Should I pay a visit to the Infiniti Service?

One more thing, I noticed sometimes I would go up to the passenger door to open it, as soon as I will open the passeneger door the lights would come on, is this normal?

DiamondGCoupe 01-23-2008 08:25 PM

As soon as you open the door the lights should come on. If you don't like this turn the dome lights off (above center console).

ronin1099 01-23-2008 08:29 PM

Im taking about headlights, not dome lights.

RedG37SNC 01-23-2008 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by ronin1099 (Post 2259994)
Does anyone else experience the same issue? Should I pay a visit to the Infiniti Service?

Definately take that in for warrenty service, they can adjust.

smoothieboy 01-23-2008 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by ronin1099 (Post 2259994)
Everything seemed to be allright but my door does not close easily compared to the passenger door. If I just push the passenger door slightly it closes but with mine I have to put some effort in closing it. It gives a feeling like the seatbelt is stuck but its not.

i also notice this problem with my g, i'm gonna let them take a look at it the next oil change

RedHerring 01-23-2008 09:54 PM

your headlights come on when you open your passenger door? That is bizarre. Get your hoopty on down to the dealer and let us know what they find..

leeladisky 01-23-2008 11:55 PM

same issue with my door!!! It is currently in for service: the dealer admits there is an issue. My door is not flush like the passenger door. So they have already tried to adjust the door catch as far out as possible with no change I result. They tell me the next step is to call a body shop to see if there's another adjustment that can be made to the hinge. If that doesnt work they are going to call the factory. There is no way in $ell I will allow body work on my 2 mos old car!!!!!

bboysteele 01-24-2008 12:01 AM

Ya my drive side door doesn't close as easily as it should. I tend to have to put a little bit of strength into it or I get the door open message. Other people have complained about it on the forum so I haven't put that much thought into it.

JMP0323 01-24-2008 09:58 AM

I am having the same exact problem. Im having to follow through with my hand on the door until it closes. It is so darn aggrivating. Got a 35K+ car and the darn driver door doesnt close all the way. Hesitant to take it cause it will most likely come back with a scratch or a dent or what not..... Let us know if you get it fixed

leeladisky 01-24-2008 11:11 AM

Folks - if you do not report this to the dealer, then the dealer network will continue to say that I'm the only one that has reported this problem, it will never be researched by the factory and therefore, never fixed! I would HIGHLY recommend that you all call your dealers, especially Infiniti of Marin (LOL) and tell them you are having this problem!!!! I am tired of hearing that I'm the only one with this problem (or my other favorite dealer excuse: "All the other cars on the lot do the same thing!" - but does that actually mean all the cars aren't broken also????? ROTFLMAO)

Lee

MrMichael 01-24-2008 11:45 AM

I think the lights thing is related to auto headlights. In the manual page 2-33 it says:

If the ignition switch is pushed to the OFF
position and one of the doors is opened and
this condition is continued, the headlights remain
on for 5 minutes.

YeahRightFoo 01-24-2008 12:04 PM

It is not that big of a deal, all you need to do is put a LITTLE more effort when closing the door (You dont have to slam it). It does not take that much more strength to close the door. If you are that concerned or WEAK, you should go to the gym and lift some weights. Hahaha

smoothieboy 01-24-2008 01:18 PM

i'm not really concern with my door and don't mind to use more effort to close it. i am "curious" why it is only the driver side and not the passenger

leeladisky 01-24-2008 09:06 PM

If you have this issue with the driver door, please compare the fit of the driver door against the passenger door. My driver door is slightly recessed against the rear qtr panel which, I believe, contributes to this problem. The passenger door fits flush against the rear qtr panel. I am not concerned with the level of effort to close the door, my concerns are:

1) long term damage to the window
2) long term damage to the doorpanel b/c of the xtra force
3) long term damage to the exterior trim panels because of the force
4) long term damage to the window regulator,
5) etc.

My luck, which isn't good, will be that in 12 mos I'll find out the window has had microfractures and suddenly shatters while I drive, or I have to close the door so hard that the Navigation screen cracks.

The point is, this is a $45k car that should not have this issue - both doors should require the same force.

Lee

SantiagoDraco 01-24-2008 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo (Post 2260283)
It is not that big of a deal, all you need to do is put a LITTLE more effort when closing the door (You dont have to slam it). It does not take that much more strength to close the door. If you are that concerned or WEAK, you should go to the gym and lift some weights. Hahaha

If the door doesn't register as completely closed, regardless of the effort put into closing it, there's a problem. You shouldn't even have to touch the door if you let it swing shut on it's own. If you have to even use a pinky to make sure it's closed there is a problem, plain and simple.