Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Bicycle Rack Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:30 AM
go4gr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Actually, I have a road bike. I just got a Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL this past June. A carbon frame is such an upgrade over aluminum.

There is an old railroad line that was converted to a bike trail a few years back. It's 25 miles long and feeds into some beautiful country roads with what we consider "hills" in south LA.

A group of us ride with our sons on the weekends, usually about 50 - 60 miles. We just completed the MS Society's Tour for Cure 150 mile ride this past weekend. It's split over two days and was a blast.
Hey, perhaps you could come to Maine for the Trek Across Maine? 3 days, 60 miles each. Ride in a team or by yourself with your family.

Our team raised over $4500.00 for the Maine Lung Association.

www.mainelung.org >Events
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by xxxmidget
your a tool and should not be allowed to drive a G.
You're an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to breed. Oh, and from your profile, you mentioned "bangin stripers". Are you talking about guys like this?:

Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by WellBelowH2O
You're an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to breed. Oh, and from your profile, you mentioned "bangin stripers". Are you talking about guys like this?:

I hereby nominate post #17 above as the most hilarious one I have seen on this board so far! (though I cannot condone the name calling even though it might be appropriate) Does anyone care to second the motion?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I hereby nominate post #17 above as the most hilarious one I have seen on this board so far! (though I cannot condone the name calling even though it might be appropriate) Does anyone care to second the motion?
LOL... glad you thought it was funny. I normally refrain from any type of name calling, but someone posting an ignorant message calling one of our own (G owner) a "tool" because he's asking for help doing something gets what's coming to them, especially when it's someone's second post ever.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Romeo Xray

NICE!! We ride Specialized also! My rig is an 05' Stumpjumper Elite FSR with PUSH Ind. shocks. My son rides a 96' Ground Control. My daughter, can carve the trails really well with an 06' Rockhopper, I might have to buy her a better full sus mtb. The wife will ride with us only if we don't plan on hitting the trails hard, she has a '02 HT Stumpjumper.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Infinite G37S

Was this squabble and issue ever rectified. I'm getting into mtn biking and need to get something on the back of the G to get me to the trails.

Makes me wish I never sold my WRX wagon sometimes, for two reason, the utility factor is nil with the G and the G owners are very judgemental.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:48 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Okay, this one got punted around the G35 forum for a while.
There's a hitch that fits the 2007 G35 sedan, but will not fit the G37. As of now there is no trailer hitch for a G37. Assumably, something will be coming out at some point.
Actually it does fit, or , can be made to fit. I bolted it on the bumper after a little modding. It was not difficult. Use the service manual to remove everything. To keep from having to cut the bumber cover, bolt it on the front side of the bumper. That way, when not in use you can hardly see it.

Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
Was this squabble and issue ever rectified. I'm getting into mtn biking and need to get something on the back of the G to get me to the trails.

Makes me wish I never sold my WRX wagon sometimes, for two reason, the utility factor is nil with the G and the G owners are very judgemental.
Yea, even my STi had more utility than this car. I had a hitch on it also. Mostly for tires on a trailer for AutoX but also for the bike rack. See above for the G. Another option that is totally hidden can be found in the 350z forum. The receiver part bolts on the front side of the bumper facing down toward the road. A 90 degree adapter slides up into the reciever. For a bike it is not as practical as my modded G35 Curt Hitch.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Infinite G37S

Originally Posted by 04STi208G37
Actually it does fit, or , can be made to fit. I bolted it on the bumper after a little modding. It was not difficult. Use the service manual to remove everything. To keep from having to cut the bumber cover, bolt it on the front side of the bumper. That way, when not in use you can hardly see it.
Do you have photos you could post or PM me?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:19 PM
layla

hey, can someone also pm me or just post pics or whatever if you figured something out? I ride a cannondale six13 and I need my car to bring my bike to the hills around az!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
Do you have photos you could post or PM me?

Thanks a bunch!
Originally Posted by layla
hey, can someone also pm me or just post pics or whatever if you figured something out? I ride a cannondale six13 and I need my car to bring my bike to the hills around az!
I will post a photo this weekend but it's almost too simple for that and there are G35 threads you can use to guide you. Just order the Curt Hitch for the 08 G35 Sedan. Cut off the arm that bolts to the toe hook, drill holes in the bumper beam, buy some hardware and bolt it on. I am not responsible for anything after that.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:07 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
fail
Old 06-26-2008, 08:56 AM
weave

epic fail

Spare your G, rent a car
Old 06-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Infinite G37S

Hope to have this in a day or two!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 PM
apachedriver

When I was looking at a replacement for my vette I had 2 reqts: 4 seats and space for my bike. Before buying my G37S I did a run through with my bike (Cervelo Dual). I have to remove one of the pedals and loosen the headset to point the bars down (it's a tri bike with aerobars), but it fits into the trunk with the backseat down. Obviously, that also includes removing the front wheel. All told it takes about 4 mins (I timed it).

The limiting factor is actually the space between the trunk and the interior - if it was about 1" higher I wouldn't have to remove one of the pedals.

This allows me to trasnport my bike to races without having to take my wife's SUV. Personally I'll never put a bike rack on this car (nor did I put one on the vette).
Old 06-26-2008, 03:54 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by weave
epic fail

Spare your G, rent a car
Spare it .....from what?

Here are some photos for those that asked. I don't see what the fuss is all about but to each his own. I would never add something garish to the top or sides or front of my car. I'm not a bumber sticker person. Plate frame yes, but I draw the line there. This tiny receiver hitch adds a little utility without taking anything away from the car.

Last edited by 04STi208G37; 06-28-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Bicycle Rack Options