Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Should I be concerned? (Read bottom paragraph first)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 11:34 AM
Coopj765

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I be concerned? (Read bottom paragraph first)

These were the codes that my code scanner displayed (note this was after the repair was finished there was no dash lights on for these codes not sure if they forgot to erase them)

This was the picture of the connector that was rewired.
I bought my 2013 g37 sedan in June of last year everything with the car was perfectly fine looks perfect inside and out but around October of this year I had a issue with the ignition when I turned the car on all the dash lights would come on and the car would refuse to turn off I even tried the reset procedure and nothing
worked. So since the car was not turning off I took it back to the dealership that I had bought it from(Mazda) because they might be able to help me out a little bit more because it was the end of the day. After bringing it to Mazda they said that a TCM connector had lost connection due to corrosion and needed to be “rewired” they provided me with a picture of the broken connector but claimed nothing needed to be replaced and that the master technician just needed to rewire the connector. Ever since I got my car back from this I have not had any issues but i think about this service from time to time and it somewhat concerns me because of the implications. is this a normal thing for techs to do could this effect some other component in the future because I’m confused on how it was rewired.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:15 PM
SkysG37
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Looks like heavy corrosion of the pins
water must've gotten inside the connector
The tech probably cleaned what he could and replaced one or two pins.
many ways to skin a cat though

Have you put your own eyeballs on said connector? might give you some peace of mind

Last edited by SkysG37; 01-19-2024 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:54 AM
camopaint0707
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yes, i'd be concerned
Old 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 336 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by Coopj765

This was the picture of the connector that was rewired.
I'm glad your issue is resolved.

However, on the G37 I've never seen a connector like that. Maybe the wrong pic was sent??
Typically Nissan/Infiniti uses TH, NS or RK type connectors that have even number of pins.

On the G37, the main harness connects to the outside of the transmission and has 10 pins (2 rows of 5 pins)
(spec sheet for auto trans RK10FG connector: http://www.ket.com/resources/web/MG6...43385-5_2d.pdf)

On the inside of the transmission (must remove trans oil pan) there is a darker green connector has also has 2 rows of 10 pins that connects to the TCM.
That 17 pin (9 in one row and 8 in another) won't fit a TCM 10 pin connector.

Again, if all is well, it is nothing to worry about.
However, if the problem comes back, you may want to mention this.
Old 01-19-2024, 11:51 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,021 Posts
@SonicVQ , that looks like one of the various "wire-to-wire" connection blocks that link the harnesses together. Specifically, if I were to guess, it looks like the F103 connection that links the TCM (F51) to the main harness (M116) as that junction specifically relates to the CANBUS:

And, as I would guess, where is F103 located? Right in the sunroof drain trouble spot:

A picture of the whole connection would help to clarify, but I think we can pinpoint the issue.

Just FYI... and, yes, glad OP's car is up and running... for now. @Coopj765 check for water leaks in that area or else you risk having more electrical issues.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-19-2024 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2024, 04:31 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 336 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
@SonicVQ , that looks like one of the various "wire-to-wire" connection blocks that link the harnesses together. Specifically, if I were to guess, it looks like the F103 connection that links the TCM (F51) to the main harness (M116) as that junction specifically relates to the CANBUS:

And, as I would guess, where is F103 located? Right in the sunroof drain trouble spot:

A picture of the whole connection would help to clarify, but I think we can pinpoint the issue.

Just FYI... and, yes, glad OP's car is up and running... for now. @Coopj765 check for water leaks in that area or else you risk having more electrical issues.
Good correction!!
I assumed the pic was the entire connector, but you figured it out.
When I grow up, I hope to be as good as you!

Here's the funny thing... I was getting a spare BCM last week, and probably disconnected the connector to remove the BCM.
When the weather warms up, I'm going to disconnect the battery and check those wire to wire connections, just be make sure all is good.