Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help No sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 06:40 PM
Bioclip
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sound

Battery died and blew some fuses trying to jump about a year ago and since then i havent had any sound in my car. The radio works and turns on and the diagnostics were all correct. I have no idea what the problem could be. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you know how to fix this! Thank you.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:30 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,021 Posts
You say you ran the diagnostics, did you run the SPEAKER TEST?

This thread will explain how to test each speaker individually.

Grab a copy of the Factory Shop Manual from here. Just scroll to your year and whether you have a Coupe, Sedan, or 'Vert. You will need section AV (Audio/Visual), PG (Power & Ground) and PCS (Power Control System) though I strongly suggest you download the whole manual.

Run the SPEAKER TEST first. Also, when you run the SELF DIAGNOSIS test, you should see a graph which shows the status of the AV modules. Check what color the connection for the BOSE Amp is (Green/Gray/Red). (Sounds confusing but you'll see when you get in there). Also, see if there are any errors logged. Report back what the results are.

***IMPORTANT***
When using the diagnostic menus, DO NOT RESET ANYTHING!!! There is a menu item which will reset/initialize the AV system. DO NOT PRESS!!!

As you said several fuses blew, it would not hurt to double check them (our cars have 3 fuse blocks) specifically any fuse that the AMP might be connected to.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 12-20-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:48 PM
Bioclip
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like a speaker test isnt needed because no sound comes out at all so i dont think it will do anything
Old 12-19-2020, 09:53 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Bioclip
I feel like a speaker test isnt needed because no sound comes out at all so i dont think it will do anything
It takes 2 seconds and you have ILM on your issue which is what you hope for when you post a problem on this forum. If he says do a speaker test, my advice is to just do it and report back.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:16 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,021 Posts
I feel like a speaker test isnt needed because no sound comes out at all...
I didn't pull these suggestions out of a hat to d**k you around. I suggested you run the SPEAKER TEST as this would help to narrow down whether the issue is ¹) headunit, ²) the Bose Amp (assuming you have the Bose system), or ³) a AV COM error. I also asked you to check the CONNECTION status and if there were any error logs. These are practically the same damn questions from the factory shop manual.

No sound out of the speakers: ¹) Is the radio sending the signals to the amp? ²) Is the amp processing those signals and sending them to the speakers? 3) Is the amp even turning on? ⁴) Does the CANBUS (AV COM) even recognize the system as being online?

OP, if you don't want to be bothered, find a stereo shop to deal with your problem. Or do without.

Originally Posted by sobeIPL
It takes 2 seconds and you have ILM on your issue which is what you hope for when you post a problem on this forum. If he says do a speaker test, my advice is to just do it and report back.
Don't sweat it man. I offered advice and made suggestions. If OP does not want to be bothered it is on them. It obviously is not a important issue for them, after all, they haven't had sound for a year already... so why bother now?

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 12-20-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:58 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Battery died and blew some fuses trying to jump about a year ago and since then i havent had any sound in my car. The radio works and turns on and the diagnostics were all correct. I have no idea what the problem could be. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you know how to fix this! Thank you.
I suspect that if you blew fuses when trying to jump start your vehicle you most likely reversed the positive and negative cables and possibly destroyed your audio system?
If you haven't had any sound for a year, why bother?
Bench test your audio or let a qualified shop test and then replace it.