MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   Help No sound (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/298313-no-sound.html)

Bioclip 12-19-2020 06:40 PM

No sound

Battery died and blew some fuses trying to jump about a year ago and since then i havent had any sound in my car. The radio works and turns on and the diagnostics were all correct. I have no idea what the problem could be. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you know how to fix this! Thank you.

ILM-NC G37S 12-19-2020 07:30 PM

You say you ran the diagnostics, did you run the SPEAKER TEST?

This thread will explain how to test each speaker individually.

Grab a copy of the Factory Shop Manual from here. Just scroll to your year and whether you have a Coupe, Sedan, or 'Vert. You will need section AV (Audio/Visual), PG (Power & Ground) and PCS (Power Control System) though I strongly suggest you download the whole manual.

Run the SPEAKER TEST first. Also, when you run the SELF DIAGNOSIS test, you should see a graph which shows the status of the AV modules. Check what color the connection for the BOSE Amp is (Green/Gray/Red). (Sounds confusing but you'll see when you get in there). Also, see if there are any errors logged. Report back what the results are.

***IMPORTANT***
When using the diagnostic menus, DO NOT RESET ANYTHING!!! There is a menu item which will reset/initialize the AV system. DO NOT PRESS!!!

As you said several fuses blew, it would not hurt to double check them (our cars have 3 fuse blocks) specifically any fuse that the AMP might be connected to.

Bioclip 12-19-2020 09:48 PM

I feel like a speaker test isnt needed because no sound comes out at all so i dont think it will do anything

sobeIPL 12-19-2020 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bioclip (Post 4287020)
I feel like a speaker test isnt needed because no sound comes out at all so i dont think it will do anything

It takes 2 seconds and you have ILM on your issue which is what you hope for when you post a problem on this forum. If he says do a speaker test, my advice is to just do it and report back.

ILM-NC G37S 12-20-2020 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bioclip (Post 4287020)
I feel like a speaker test isnt needed because no sound comes out at all...

I didn't pull these suggestions out of a hat to d**k you around. I suggested you run the SPEAKER TEST as this would help to narrow down whether the issue is ¹) headunit, ²) the Bose Amp (assuming you have the Bose system), or ³) a AV COM error. I also asked you to check the CONNECTION status and if there were any error logs. These are practically the same damn questions from the factory shop manual.

No sound out of the speakers: ¹) Is the radio sending the signals to the amp? ²) Is the amp processing those signals and sending them to the speakers? 3) Is the amp even turning on? ⁴) Does the CANBUS (AV COM) even recognize the system as being online?

OP, if you don't want to be bothered, find a stereo shop to deal with your problem. Or do without.

Originally Posted by sobeIPL (Post 4287022)
It takes 2 seconds and you have ILM on your issue which is what you hope for when you post a problem on this forum. If he says do a speaker test, my advice is to just do it and report back.

Don't sweat it man. I offered advice and made suggestions. If OP does not want to be bothered it is on them. It obviously is not a important issue for them, after all, they haven't had sound for a year already... so why bother now?

telcoman 12-20-2020 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bioclip (Post 4287009)
Battery died and blew some fuses trying to jump about a year ago and since then i havent had any sound in my car. The radio works and turns on and the diagnostics were all correct. I have no idea what the problem could be. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you know how to fix this! Thank you.

I suspect that if you blew fuses when trying to jump start your vehicle you most likely reversed the positive and negative cables and possibly destroyed your audio system?
If you haven't had any sound for a year, why bother?
Bench test your audio or let a qualified shop test and then replace it.