Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth output from radio...question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 11:06 AM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Bluetooth output from radio...question

Does the SEEK, fast forward, or ANY of the control buttons supposed to work when playing bluetooth audio?

My crappy $50 Blaupunkt on my beater Benz can do this (fast forward, pause, etc.), but I can't figure out how to do this in the G.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:01 AM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Yes, depending on the device and audio application... I can skip songs, change volume, and press the enter button from the wheel. Podcasts skip 15s at a time, or sometimes it skips to the next episode. 🤷 On the console, play, pause and skip work, but seek doesn't do anything.
Of course, things have changed as Bluetooth drivers are updated and OSs have changed... Ymmv.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:53 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Does it work for you with Pandora?
Old 05-09-2019, 01:21 PM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by teahead
Does it work for you with Pandora?
The website, no, i get no functionality from anything but the phone.... on the app, sometimes 'skip' works. Though, I don't use the paid version, when an ad plays, volume is the only thing that functions.
Im on Android Pie, using a rooted OnePlus 5. I mainly use Spotify, where volume, skip, and play/pause are the only functions that work.

I think most, if not all Bluetooth issues with this -- and other cars -- are app, bluetooth-driver, OS, and device specific. It will likely be very difficult to pin down exactly how to solve your issues unless you have a few devices and some app-development skills laying around.
All the more reason to swap an Android Auto tablet or RaspPi into the car, if you really want every bit of function.