Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Please help with Bose/Nav/360 camera system

Old 04-30-2019, 11:27 AM
miatawnt2b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with Bose/Nav/360 camera system

Numerous google searches brought me over to this group. You guys seem most knowledgable regarding the Infiniti NAV systems, and while I don't have a G37, I hope someone has some knowledge you can share I can apply to my issues.

I have a 2012 Infiniti QX56. It was the second year of the current QX80, Nissan Patrol/Armada, Y62 platform. It has 15 speaker Bose system, with NAV, rear headrest displays, 360 degree cameras, and sonar impact sensors. I cannot find the AV service manual for this particular year, but I do have one for a 2011, and a 2014. I have compared them and they are very similar, only very few differences in the AV wiring. So my first assumption is that my 2012 is also similar.

I purchased direct from a vendor in China, a Tesla style unit that replaces the NAV system and integrates the HVAC controls since my QX integrates the temperature and fan and such on the 8" nav screen. Pretty sure the G37 is similar in this regard.

The system came with a wiring harness that just flat out doesn't work properly. I was finally able to figure out enough to get the AC controls working which I think is probably the hardest part, but the problem I have now is that I can't get any sound from the Bose AMP. My money is on the fact it won't turn on. I have verified indeed that I am getting audio out of the new head unit and that the speaker outputs are going to the correct pins and connector in the factory harness.

So easy enough you say, it's a simple amp turn on wire that supplies 12v to the bose amp, and done. Well not so fast. My service manual (both the 2011 and the 2014) say that there should be a bose amp turn on wire on pin1 of the main power connector for the AV control unit. Problem is there is no wire in pin 1 of that connector, and yes I am looking at the correct connector. I noticed that there is an AV communication signal between the control unit and the AMP on a different connector. with the factory AV control unit installed, I can only get sound if both these connectors are plugged in. So I am pretty sure that the BOSE AMP in my car doesn't turn on with a simple 12v signal, but there is some sort of control protocol that enables the amp.

And that's where I'm stuck. Have any of you guys run into anything similar? I have not checked any of the connections of the Bose amp itself to see if I can get it to turn on. That would require dismantling the 3rd row seats and pulling over crazy amounts of trim at the rear of the car.

What is puzzling to me is the lack of the BOSE amp remote on control wire... even though a 2011 and a 2014 manual says one exists. I guess it's possible 2012 was a unicorn, but I have a hard time believing they changed for 1 model year, and then went back to the original wiring a year or two later.

Any ideas guys?
-J