Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Issues with my new used Coupe PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:43 AM
v36type

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issues with my new used Coupe PLEASE HELP

I'm frustrated just came from an 07 Lexus IS350 and the lexus community has been awesome from facebook groups and also community forums with any issues. Unfortunately I seem to get a of less detail instructions or little to no help on info from Infiniti facebook groups and community forums. However I'm not giving up.

So basically I bought a low mileage 53k plus mile 08 G37S Coupe with a rebuilt title but no accidents. Air bags was deployed because the first owner tried to install a double din and ended up doing something to deploy the airbags. Previous owner was able to get a new airbag install by an independent shop not done by Infiniti. So anyways here is my dilemma. There is no power coming from my interior dome lights, ambient light as well as the moon roof.
I check all fuse diagrams by the battery, behind the battery and by the e brake. There is no fuse that corresponds with the interior light except by the ebrake but putting a new 10a fuse on it didn't help. I did a battery disconnect for 30 min hoping it will fix the BCM but still no power to those switches.

I'm in a suspicion that there is some type of harness or connector somewhere where the lcd center console that was probably disconnected and if I'm right. Does anyone know where it will be located and what it looks like? I don't want to touch any wires in there and end up repeating the previous owners mistake by deploying the airbags. Everything in the car works except for those switches.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:54 AM
William Gillins

Do your courtesy lights on doors come on when open them? There is a harnes in the head liner fir the dome light might have got knocked when air bags deployed
Old 09-10-2018, 08:02 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by v36type
I'm frustrated just came from an 07 Lexus IS350 and the lexus community has been awesome from facebook groups and also community forums with any issues. Unfortunately I seem to get a of less detail instructions or little to no help on info from Infiniti facebook groups and community forums. However I'm not giving up.

So basically I bought a low mileage 53k plus mile 08 G37S Coupe with a rebuilt title but no accidents. Air bags was deployed because the first owner tried to install a double din and ended up doing something to deploy the airbags. Previous owner was able to get a new airbag install by an independent shop not done by Infiniti. So anyways here is my dilemma. There is no power coming from my interior dome lights, ambient light as well as the moon roof.
I check all fuse diagrams by the battery, behind the battery and by the e brake. There is no fuse that corresponds with the interior light except by the ebrake but putting a new 10a fuse on it didn't help. I did a battery disconnect for 30 min hoping it will fix the BCM but still no power to those switches.

I'm in a suspicion that there is some type of harness or connector somewhere where the lcd center console that was probably disconnected and if I'm right. Does anyone know where it will be located and what it looks like? I don't want to touch any wires in there and end up repeating the previous owners mistake by deploying the airbags. Everything in the car works except for those switches.
Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Sedan/2009/INL.pdf

Have you checked voltages at the BCM?
Originally Posted by v36type
So basically I bought a low mileage 53k plus mile 08 G37S Coupe with a rebuilt title but no accidents.
Did you purchase a flood vehicle?

Check voltage between BCM harness connector and ground.

Telcoman
Old 09-10-2018, 10:03 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
Check all of the wiring/connectors at AND around the BCM. All of the wiring for the overhead lights/sunroof run from the BCM/passenger footwell area, up the "A" pillar to the headliner (see picture).

Old 09-16-2018, 06:50 AM
v36type

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Check all of the wiring/connectors at AND around the BCM. All of the wiring for the overhead lights/sunroof run from the BCM/passenger footwell area, up the "A" pillar to the headliner (see picture).

So after testing all fuses including the one by the battery they all seem to be working. I remove the roof headliner off and found this harness disconnected

I know these two have to connect together but for some reason they don't fit. It missing a harness adapter i know for sure but the question is where to get it. The bottom harness is a 12-pin male and the other connector harness is a 12- pin female.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
Now that this damn storm is over...

There is no harness adapter. Unless the previous owner did some monkeying around those two 12-pin connectors should fit. Compare the pinouts and wire colors to the FSM.