Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Buttons: Status / Settings / Map / Destination etc buttons have stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 08:12 PM
BrgcG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buttons: Status / Settings / Map / Destination etc buttons have stopped working

Hey everyone,
I recently picked up a 2011 G37x and I am experiencing a issue similar to what others have reported in the past, but slightly different and the suggested solutions haven't resolved it.
What happened:
-Plugged my android in to the USB charger thinking I could stream music through it like I do with my iPhone.
-Didn't do anything so I start messing with the settings, since I was driving I didn't see if it went in to the settings menu or not. But the settings button was unresponsive. Along with that button, the following won't work (but will light up at night) Status / Zoom in / Zoom out / Destination / Route / Map / Phone / Info / Setting.
-The AM/FM works, as well as disc/aux, back, voice and the hazards.
-The dial wheel works
-AC works fine and comes up on the screen
-The brightness buttons even work too
-I can use the steering wheel to access the maps and phone, but that doesn't have the option for the Info and Settings feature which I would like to have access to again.
-I can still stream music through the USB but only on my iPhone

So far this is what I've tried:
- Unplugged the battery long enough for the radio stations and tripometer to reset (but the clock remembered the time which is odd?)
-Checked every 10-20 amp fuse, including the one in the box that the dealership has to push in that's used to save power during vehicle delivery.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm taking it to my local mechanic on Monday, but unfortunately the closest Infiniti dealer is over an hour away!

Thank you
Old 04-22-2018, 06:37 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
^Hey- had a similar situation though mine was due to me removing panels and trying to do a vinyl wrap and once i put it back, everything worked until the next day while on hwy and playing with map settings, it all froze except some of components you mentioned...i unplugged battery overnight and next morning all back to normal...not sure what it was, but its been almost a month and no issues so far...if not fuse, then yes definetely have dealer check out...good luck
Old 05-01-2018, 06:05 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Just do factory reset via navigation menu