Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bovee1000? Needs CableJive dockstubz?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 04:13 PM
lazyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mven74
no problem for me. I have my calls connect to the car Bluetooth. It would pause the music then resume after I end the call. I can't use the steering wheel to advance the songs, I use the **** on the radio to do that.
Yeah, it works well for me now. I believe the ground cable was a bit loose and it was causing issues. Which **** do you use to switch songs? Does it also advance songs playing on apps like Spotify?

Originally Posted by mitcherapp
Just received it. It didn't power up the bovee. Not sure what to do at this point. Wait for a cable jive to come from germany or just return the bovee? I have an 09 G37 with nav, so not really any other options out there other to cough up $450 for the Grom VLine.
I tried the
Amazon Amazon
adapter but it didn't power up the Bovee either.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:08 PM
mven74
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lazyme
Yeah, it works well for me now. I believe the ground cable was a bit loose and it was causing issues. Which **** do you use to switch songs? Does it also advance songs playing on apps like Spotify?
r.
I use the tuner/right **** on the radio to advance and playback songs. I don't use Spotify. They work on google Music and Amazon Music.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:45 PM
mitcherapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good news and bad news. I received the cablejive dockstubz+ adapter from Germany in less than 1 week (much much sooner than the estimate amazon gave me) and it did power up my bovee 1000 and steering wheel controls work to switch songs. You do need the microusb plugged in as well. I am connected through an android phone. Bad news is that it does not display song title, album, etc. It just shows "123" or something like that. You also cannot change albums from the car. The steering wheel controls work to switch songs on Pandora, but again, no song info is displayed. I also tried the Coolstream CarPro, which provided the same exact functionality as the bovee. I'm thinking they are the same device, just rebranded. I may keep the coolstream since it's a little cheaper than the bovee, but am not sure if it is worth it just for steering wheel control to switch songs (not albums) with no display of song information.