Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Brake Light Problems, strange

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 04:13 PM
TwistedIllusion
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Brake Light Problems, strange

'10 37s coupe, I know this sounds crazy, in fact I have never seen this before. Under hard acceleration my brake light comes on. When I get it into the higher rpm's it comes on every time. Goes off in between shifts then back on when hitting around 4,000 rpm. It's so strange. No funny sounds or anything with it. Also occasionally the tcs light will come on in the same rpm range and stay on until turning the car off and turning it back on. If I drive it normal it is just fine. Any help with a starting point would be great.

Last edited by TwistedIllusion; 03-28-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:11 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Did you ever check your brake fluid level?

After you check your brake fluid remove all four wheels and check the thickness of your brake pads.
Might be a good time for pad replacement?

Telcoman
The following users liked this post:
TwistedIllusion (02-11-2019)
Old 03-29-2018, 08:17 AM
TwistedIllusion
Registered Member

Thank you, but that was the first thing I checked. It's the light that reminds you that your emergency brake is on. Not sure if that is the same light for low level or not.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:23 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TwistedIllusion
Thank you, but that was the first thing I checked. It's the light that reminds you that your emergency brake is on. Not sure if that is the same light for low level or not.
No it is not! Your post was not clear. There may be an adjustment for that cable or the switch itself may need replacement. Have you checked the FSM for troubleshooting?

Telcoman
The following users liked this post:
TwistedIllusion (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 09:35 AM
TwistedIllusion
Registered Member

Just went through it and only thing I can find is showing adjustment. I think your on to something about replacement. Think I'll get one on order and try that. Thank you for your help
Old 03-29-2018, 02:05 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Just went through it and only thing I can find is showing adjustment. I think your on to something about replacement. Think I'll get one on order and try that. Thank you for your help
Before you start throwing parts at the problem the light comes on with either a ground when the emergency brake is on or 12v?
Try to determine whether it is a missing battery or ground or a problem in the wiring harness prior to purchasing any parts.

Telcoman
Old 03-29-2018, 02:31 PM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure the fluid is filled to the max. Same thing was happening to me. My fluid was above the minimum line so filled it to the max line and problem went away.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:21 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Did you ever check your brake fluid level?

After you check your brake fluid remove all four wheels and check the thickness of your brake pads.
Might be a good time for pad replacement?

Telcoman
'10 37s coupe, I know this sounds crazy, in fact I have never seen this before. Under hard acceleration my brake light comes on. When I get it into the higher rpm's it comes on every time. Goes off in between shifts then back on when hitting around 4,000 rpm. It's so strange. No funny sounds or anything with it. Also occasionally the tcs light will come on in the same rpm range and stay on until turning the car off and turning it back on. If I drive it normal it is just fine. Any help with a starting point would be great.
I'm having the exact same issue but my brake and battery light comes on @3000 RPM. how did you fix your?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:19 PM
g37Frost
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I've started noticing this same problem. The emergency brake light comes on under hard acceleration, or when trying to get traction on a slick surface. I'll get the brake fluids checked and see if the issue goes away.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:24 PM
TwistedIllusion
Registered Member

You will need to brake pads soon. My fluid was low, so I checked my pads and they were getting really low. Changed the pads and all the lights went away. The lights come on when the fluid is low, but if you don't have a leak then most likely your pads are worn. Don't put fluid in without checking the pads, if you fill it with worn pads then later when you put new pads on you will have to siphon the fluid out.