Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

I got android audio working on my 2010 G37 non nav! (wirelinq)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 10:28 AM
playerunknown21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zachary Horton
I just bought myself a 2011 coupe S and I gotta say, I probably spent the better of 3 hours scouring the internet for a way to add bluetooth or at least USB functionality for us android users. At last I've stumbled upon this post. Seriously guys; I needed this post. Thanks.
Hey man. Be careful with this. It worked great with my og pixel . Since getting the pixel 2 it hasn't worked a day. Recently I bought the Grom audio (same company) aux1 satellite emulator. It takes over your satellite radio but I was able to run a aux cable to the center console. From there I use this Bluetooth reciever which turns on/off with the car. You could also buy the Bluetooth model of their satellite emulator. Advantage of the wirelinq is when it works you get steering wheel controls and some info on screen. Advantage of aux1 is it's more versitile but it says xm station 1 with label as Grom on screen which isn't the prettiest. If you get the Bluetooth model I hear you get steering wheel controls, mine doesn't.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-NFC-Enabled-Bluetooth-Streaming-HA100/dp/B00YPATOEE

Follow this guide for install https://gromaudio.com/installs/infiniti_g37_without_nav_2012__grom-bt3_bluetooth_hands_free_and_a2dp_car_kit_installa tion.html
Old 08-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Zachary Horton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by playerunknown21
Hey man. Be careful with this. It worked great with my og pixel . Since getting the pixel 2 it hasn't worked a day. Recently I bought the Grom audio (same company) aux1 satellite emulator. It takes over your satellite radio but I was able to run a aux cable to the center console. From there I use this Bluetooth reciever which turns on/off with the car. You could also buy the Bluetooth model of their satellite emulator. Advantage of the wirelinq is when it works you get steering wheel controls and some info on screen. Advantage of aux1 is it's more versitile but it says xm station 1 with label as Grom on screen which isn't the prettiest. If you get the Bluetooth model I hear you get steering wheel controls, mine doesn't.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-NFC-Enabled-Bluetooth-Streaming-HA100/dp/B00YPATOEE

Follow this guide for install https://gromaudio.com/installs/infiniti_g37_without_nav_2012__grom-bt3_bluetooth_hands_free_and_a2dp_car_kit_installa tion.html
Well I hope the wirelinq works with my galaxy s8+. I'll post when I know. I was considering doing the XM to grom conversion. But honestly it's more time and money I dont want to spend. I hate taking apart interior components and messing with wiring.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:30 PM
Zachary Horton

2011 G37 Non-Nav + Wirelinq

I got the wirelinq today. It works perfectly. I'm using a Galaxy S8+. All dash info is there and changes when the song changes(no lag), wheel controls work. So happy. It's not bluetooth but I drive through a lot of radio and cell phone dead zones so this is a blessing.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:48 PM
playerunknown21

Glad to hear it man!
Old 09-07-2019, 11:44 AM
MrBarley
Registered Member

Sorry for bumping but I have a 11' G37 non-nav that I've been dying to find a good solution for the AUX problem.

The Wirelinq seems like it's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find many reviews of people using them on G37's. Anyone able to chime in?
Old 09-07-2019, 12:07 PM
playerunknown21

Originally Posted by MrBarley
Sorry for bumping but I have a 11' G37 non-nav that I've been dying to find a good solution for the AUX problem.

The Wirelinq seems like it's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find many reviews of people using them on G37's. Anyone able to chime in?
All good. So with the wirelinq, it worked great on my pixel 1. But then upgraded phones to pixel 2 (then 3). Both don't support the right USB audio routing so you're reduced to using their app instead of your normal music apps.

A better solution (by the same company) is their xm radio emulator. You lose xm but gain aux input. This works great when it works but I find that it breaks from heat or something...I had to get a warranty replacement every few months so I just gave up for now
Old 09-08-2019, 03:44 AM
MrBarley
Registered Member

Checked out the AUX module, seems perfect for what I'm looking for, not so good that it breaks. I live in Canada, so not so easy to return it if it breaks as I'd have to go order it stateside.

Why it's so hard to get a simple, working standard feature on a 2011 luxury car is beyond me.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:03 AM
Matthew Reimer
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I get this to work on and off with my pixel 2. But I think your title is misleading. Even with my other phones this never was android auto piece. Simply something to use to control music and get more info over BT.