Pro-Clips USA Phone Holder - Nexus 6 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Reviews > Audio, Video & Electronics
Reload this Page >

Pro-Clips USA Phone Holder - Nexus 6

Notices
Audio, Video & Electronics Reviews on G Audio, Video, and Electronics.

Pro-Clips USA Phone Holder - Nexus 6

Old 02-16-2016, 10:33 PM
dwb993
Premier Member

Thumbs up Pro-Clips USA Phone Holder - Nexus 6

Went on the Proclips webite looking for a holder for my Nexus 6. These are pretty large "phablet"-type phones, so the custom made holder appealed to me. Turns out, I use the Ringke Slim case on my phone and a quick chat session online confirmed that I should measure it (they have a video instructing how to take the measurements) and select one of the Universal Holders. I wound up getting the "Large Adjustable Charging Holder T1".

Shipping was fast and the installation was very easy.

Pros: Holder has a nice mount for the charging cable; Mount is very secure as it clips onto the trim piece on the side of the console--very custom to the G37; Holder is a very good solid fit for my phone, even with the case; I can adjust so my passenger can see/use the phone, if necessary.

Cons: Price---this is one of the more expensive phone holders available; Phone covers the HVAC control for the passenger and partially obscures the radio tune ****---this can be adjusted somewhat by tilting the device around, but more clearance would be better.

Overall, it is a very nice fit to the G37 cockpit. It does not intrude on the passenger space, so the Mrs should not mind it. It does completely obscure the passenger HVAC control---something which I am pretty sure I will hear about. The phone slides in and out very smoothly. The cable runs underneath the console trim to a cutout underneath the lid, then into the power plug/USB adapter included with the kit which plugs into the power socket in the console. I tried to plug into the USB port directly, but got slow charging and could not browse any music on the phone. No matter---I will use my USB thumb drive for that functionality.

Thumbs up from me.