Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Non Bose head unit removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:32 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Non Bose head unit removal

I am having a tough time getting to the back of the head unit in my '10 non bose wired car. I am trying to tap the wires coming from the head unit to install a sub amp but can't get it out. I am stopped by a black bracket at the bottom of the head unit that the fascia was screwed to and is preventing it from coming all the way out. How do you remove it? Is there a detailed write-up on removal? The best post I can come up with is:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...audio-zed.html

The second and third pics have the Metra harnesses used but the radio out further than what I have been able to accomplish. Do you use the wires coming out of the back or the ones on the top that go to the controls fascia?

I have read the manual, looked on line, pics, videos, nothing. Please help?
Thanks in advance, frustrated?
Old 02-01-2016, 09:00 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
As far as I remember....

You remove the radio buttons/face. Then the main unit should come out with 4-6 screws.

Can you move the radio at all or is it stuck in place? Sometimes there are black rubber guides that you must slide the radio out of

I'll take a look at lunch time.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:25 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Thanks. I am able to get it off the guide poles but the little black bracket that holds the small 90deg curved piece at the bottom above the coin door/power port (whateva that thing is) and the radio face is in the way. Maybe I will try it again but it appeared as if you had to remove it and it would not come out due to the large trim pieces that run about waist high from waist to knee.

Last edited by m3clubracer; 02-08-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:26 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

I forced it out. NBD.