Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Best cell phone holder for g37s

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 07:21 PM
dwb993
Premier Member

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts
Proclip? Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA
Old 12-14-2015, 11:28 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
I have a '10 7sp and a iPhone 5 with a Ballistic case and I lay it over in the tray in front of the shifter. if the power button is on the left and the wire is on the right the only time it moves is a hard launch. It's not real heads up though...
Old 12-16-2015, 11:03 AM
triippy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by timc00k
I bought for $8 from Amazon and it's awesome. It holds an iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung S6 Edge Plus without any issues.

Can you send a link for this? I can't find it on amazon/eBay
Old 03-15-2019, 02:54 PM
blawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by triippy
Can you send a link for this? I can't find it on amazon/eBay
way old thread I'm resuscitating but did anyone ever find the link to this thing? looks very interesting and just goes in the CD Player? Seems the consensus is the vent magnet holder with rubber nubs. I have a magnet holder like that that I just 3m adhesived to my truck dashboard that I've been pretty happy with. I've always avoided the vent clips because (a) afraid I'm going to break my vent and (b) I live in TX and I don't want any blocking of my A/C ventilation when its 100+ degrees all summer! ha!.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian E Lawyer
way old thread I'm resuscitating but did anyone ever find the link to this thing? looks very interesting and just goes in the CD Player? Seems the consensus is the vent magnet holder with rubber nubs. I have a magnet holder like that that I just 3m adhesived to my truck dashboard that I've been pretty happy with. I've always avoided the vent clips because (a) afraid I'm going to break my vent and (b) I live in TX and I don't want any blocking of my A/C ventilation when its 100+ degrees all summer! ha!.
i tried several CD-mount holders, but all seemed to not hold in the CD slot ... i tighened to the point of hearing plastic start to crack, and they were still loose. also didn't like the fact they were so low and would have to take my eyes off the road.

don't like vent mounts, eiher - l don't like my AC blocked in the summer, and the G37's vertical vents can be tricky to get the mount to be secure.

went with a magnet mount that secures with double-sided tape to the top of the dash.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:32 AM
RichardMiami
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ProClip.. no question

Here is my review: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ell-phone.html
Old 03-16-2019, 10:25 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
I'd say it's safer to have the phone at eye level than down so low. You want to minimize time you take your eyes off the road....
Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
I'd say it's safer to have the phone at eye level than down so low. You want to minimize time you take your eyes off the road....
yeah, that Proclip gets a solid "no ****ing way" from me.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:08 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I love ProClip (besides the price) but can't do with it being so far from view so I tried out a few options and ultimately landed on this setup.

Purchased this holder cause I liked that it was self-locking:
Amazon Amazon

Although after a while it wasn't sticking to the dash as well even after cleaning it and it bounced around too much for my liking so I swapped the mount for this one, which is pretty solid and puts it in a good position (a bit lower):
Amazon Amazon

The sticky pad didn't work well as it's an uneven surface so I upgraded it to this one, which may not come off clean but I'll probably never take it off (maybe there's a good suction option?):
Amazon Amazon

Doesn't hurt that it's 1/3 the price of ProClip either. I'll upload a pic when I can.

ProTip on the ProClip: I found some used/refurbs on ebay for my RDX so it's worth a look if you insist on using them and saving $$.

Last edited by NealP; 03-18-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:19 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Arkon makes some good products. I've been using a few of their holders for many years now. The second link above is pretty good and sticks well. They also sell that coupled with a spring loaded C type clamp (phone holder)
Amazon Amazon
. I have this one mounted at the lower left of the windshield. Works well for holding the phone in place or the gps (garmin uses a 1/2" ball mount socket which snaps nicely onto the arm).
Old 03-18-2019, 05:12 PM
machomike8
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I did the Panavise bracket with a wireless Qi charger/holder. It took a little custom work to get the holder to fit the Panavise mount but it turned out perfect. Phone pops quickly in and out of the mount (no cords to deal with.) Quick charge adapter is hidden in ash tray compartment. Cord runs between the dash panels. All radio and comfort controls are still easily accessible.

It's the cleanest setup I've found. I've been using daily for 3 years and still love it. Sorry for the crappy pics from the dark garage. I hope it helps someone.

Last edited by machomike8; 03-18-2019 at 05:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LivingDust (09-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Kenu Airframe+

Dead simple. Cheap. Works with iPhone XS Max.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:14 AM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Selym
Kenu Airframe+

Dead simple. Cheap. Works with iPhone XS Max.
I gave those a try but didn't like that it couldn't be adjusted and always bounced around or fell out of the vent.