Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iOS 8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Grand Theft Aud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iOS 8 problems

I have a 2011 G37 and iPhone 5. I upgraded to iOS 8 and no longer can control the phone via. hands free / steering wheel controls. Music plays, but I must use the iPhone screen. Bluetooth functions as well.

Has anyone else been experiencing this or a similar problem?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:03 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Yep. I'm using the Iphone 6 with iOS8 and I can flip through songs with the steering wheel controls, but I'm not able to actually start playing music unless I select "play" on the phone itself.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:13 PM
502GEE37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an iphone 5s with ios8 and I havent had any problems. Just used it last night, steering wheel controls and all.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Grand Theft Aud
I have a 2011 G37 and iPhone 5. I upgraded to iOS 8 and no longer can control the phone via. hands free / steering wheel controls. Music plays, but I must use the iPhone screen. Bluetooth functions as well.

Has anyone else been experiencing this or a similar problem?
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Yep. I'm using the Iphone 6 with iOS8 and I can flip through songs with the steering wheel controls, but I'm not able to actually start playing music unless I select "play" on the phone itself.

I have the same problem but I have an iPhone 5S with OS 7.1.1 so I don't think its a software issue.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:37 PM
lake985
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have an iPhone 5S w/ iOS 8 and experience the same problem intermittently. Usually once I unplug and reconnect the phone, the problem goes away. It seems as though every time Apple updates the OS, it fixes one issue and causes another.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Celo626

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same problem

I also have the iPhone 5, and just updated to iOS 8. I've lost the control through my G. I can cycle through playlists on the console, but not the steering wheel. Nothing plays unless I start it on the iPhone. When I had iOS 7, I never had a problem. Hopefully a fix is coming...
Old 09-24-2014, 07:15 PM
sprix

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
I have iPhone 5 on iOS 8 with my 2008 G37s. The only car related issue I had was my bluetooth was intermittently connecting and disconnecting. I broke the pairing and then re-paired the phone with the car. I've been fine ever since. If course... I don't have BT streaming like some of you do, so I can't speak to any streaming issues that may be present.

I've never been able to import my phone's contact list to the car in the past, and I didn't try doing this again following the update either.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:43 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
GFN, just tried using the play button from the steering wheel controls like you mentioned and it would not play unless play is initiated from the phone. FWIW, I'm using an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4.

Originally Posted by sprix
I have iPhone 5 on iOS 8 with my 2008 G37s. The only car related issue I had was my bluetooth was intermittently connecting and disconnecting. I broke the pairing and then re-paired the phone with the car. I've been fine ever since. If course... I don't have BT streaming like some of you do, so I can't speak to any streaming issues that may be present.

I've never been able to import my phone's contact list to the car in the past, and I didn't try doing this again following the update either.
Not sure on that because I've never tried to import contacts.

I don't mean to throw salt in the wounds you guys are experiencing...just offering my philosophy on software upgrades-- if it ain't broke, don't fix it. With new software releases, always let early adopters over the cliff provide the soft landing [cushion] for the rest of us that follow off of said cliff eventually. The iOS 8.0.1 update was a cluster-- so bad that they pulled it from distribution.

With that being said, I generally wait 3 months or so on full upgrades (iOS 7 --> iOS 8) and a month before I pull the trigger on point releases. That philosophy has served me well over the years. I used to be an early adopter myself but was bitten one too many times, ergo the aforementioned upgrade philosophy.

I thought I remember Infiniti issuing TSB's for software updates for the NAV system related to bluetooth and the iPhone 5 at some point. Perhaps they'll issue another for this issue. I don't see Infiniti doing that with any quickness though.

It seems like an intermittent issue with some running iOS 8, some running iOS 7 with it working fine, and others where it doesn't.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:35 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Having the same issue. Can't control the songs through the steering wheel or the track up down button on my steering wheel.

I am having issues with ios8 as it is. Should not have done the upgrade in the first place!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Have y'all deleted/re-paired your phones?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:42 PM
drkay
Premier Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
to all people with issues with iOS 8: did you update over the air or by connecting it to itunes via the computer?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:14 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
Have y'all deleted/re-paired your phones?
I'll do that this evening. Don't know if it would fix the music control issues though as i don't have BT streaming.

Originally Posted by drkay
to all people with issues with iOS 8: did you update over the air or by connecting it to itunes via the computer?
Over Wifi. Why do you ask? Maybe I'll restore my phone through my itunes.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:31 AM
colin.ssc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
usually when i update to a new ios altogether i tend to remove the phone from the car altogether and re-pair it.

also for music...did you try this?

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...lay-music.html
Old 09-26-2014, 01:05 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
IOS 8.0.2 was just released

Telcoman
Old 09-30-2014, 11:43 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
has anyone tested out with 8.0.2 to test if the problem has been resolved? I can only play music via USB (no bluetooth) and had the same problem.

Quick Reply: iOS 8 problems