Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Have NAV but no backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Jcooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Have NAV but no backup camera

I tried searching throughout the web and forum but have not found a definite answer. I've seen people asking if you can add NAV and camera. But my issue is I have a 07 G35S with NAV but I don't have a backup camera. My question that I'm asking is can I install an OEM backup camera like plug and play. Or will there be missing components or any additional steps I would have to take to accomplish my goal. If anyone has any input or possible solution it would be greatly appreciated. Also I want to stay away from aftermarket cameras if possible.

Thank you
Old 07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Corey Kunak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jcooper
I tried searching throughout the web and forum but have not found a definite answer. I've seen people asking if you can add NAV and camera. But my issue is I have a 07 G35S with NAV but I don't have a backup camera. My question that I'm asking is can I install an OEM backup camera like plug and play. Or will there be missing components or any additional steps I would have to take to accomplish my goal. If anyone has any input or possible solution it would be greatly appreciated. Also I want to stay away from aftermarket cameras if possible.

Thank you
you will probley need a camera control mod.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Jcooper

As for the camera control mod, will that be for the steering wheel input as the car is put into reverse, so that the parking lines will move?
Old 07-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Corey Kunak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jcooper
As for the camera control mod, will that be for the steering wheel input as the car is put into reverse, so that the parking lines will move?
on older g's the camera control mod is need to activate backup camera. it will display the lines and the image of the camera.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Jcooper

Ah I see. Maybe i'll find a manual and compare a g sedan with a camera and mine for wiring and anything else that might be missing. Thank you Corey