Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help! my windows roll down when i open the door!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 04:21 PM
DrivingFool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re-set worked

Hi fellow G37 peeps,
My windows give me grief now and then. I have a 2009 G37 coupe and I love my car. It's black on black. When passenger side window on my coupe kept rolling down that half inch and staying there, my mechanic re-set it. He said someone (perhaps at the carwash or a rare passenger in my car) had held the window control down for too long and messed up the auto functions. This worked. He didn't have to remove the door panel or anything complicated.

Next, my driver side window decided to roll half way down after I'd exited the car and closed the door. It took 3 times, but I after researching (thank the STARS for this site) how to re-set it, I finally managed to get it to work again....for now! Fingers crossed.

Here's how I did it: I got in the car, closed the door, turned power on with start button by pushing it twice --without starting car--, held window control button down continuously to roll window completely down and held it for 10 seconds; held window control button continuously up to roll window completely up, and held it for 10 seconds. Then, I tested the auto function by briefly pushing window control button/lever down. The window rolled all the way down. Then I briefly pushed window control button/lever up, and the window rolled all the way up. I exited the car, nervously because this hadn't worked at all last night and I had to leave my window down for the entire night, closed the door, and voila! The window stayed up! I locked the door and still, the window stayed up. Let's hope it lasts!

I had called my mechanic this morning to ask about the re-set. These guys have been good to me so far, and have an independent Infiniti repair shop. The first thing this mechanic says is, "It's probably your motor". He quoted me $435 for the motor (part) plus labor. I find it suspect, since the other door has had a similar problem within this past year. Could it be that BOTH motors are failing? It doesn't make sense to me, and seems more like a computer/contact issue, or that I was rolling the window up and down a lot the day it failed, and I somehow messed up the auto function. In today's world, most mechanics are so quick to just "replace" whatever is wrong, rather than diagnose and fix a problem.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:38 PM
berts
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Passenger window won't work right

Originally Posted by TVD
This is a common problem when retained power is lost. You will need to perform the following procedure, it’s real simple and resolves this issue. That can occur if the battery is drained and is easily reset.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.

2. Close the door.

3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.

4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.

5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.

6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other
windows.

You may also want to check the moonroof for automatic operation. Here is the procedure for resetting that.

1. If the moonroof is open, close it fully by repeatedly pushing the CLOSE side of the moonroof switch.

2. Push and hold the CLOSE side of the moonroof switch to tilt the moonroof up.

3. Release the moonroof switch after the moonroof moves slightly up and down.

4. Push and hold the OPEN side of the moonroof switch to fully tilt the moonroof down.

5. Check if the moonroof switch operates normally.

I found this on the NICOclub.com

Enjoy
Recently had my battery replaced, then began to have this problem with the passenger window. Tried this procedure and Wa-la. Works Like a charm.
thanks for your contribution.

The following users liked this post:
all4 (01-19-2022)