Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help! my windows roll down when i open the door!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
g37noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! my windows roll down when i open the door!

Hi everyone! I've had my g37 sport coupe for about a month. Today, I disconnected the battery cables to clean them up. Ever since I reconnected them, the windows roll down 3/4 of the way every time i open the doors and will not roll back up unless the door is closed and im inside the car! As you can imagine, this is a bit of a problem since i have to leave the window down every time i park and exit the car Its obviously a malfunction in the feature that is supposed to drop the window down 1/2 inch when you open the door. I have no idea why disconnecting the battery would screw it up, but the dealership can't get the car in until Tues, so unless someone has had this problem as well and can give me some advice, i'll have to leave it in the garage until next week.. Anyone have ideas?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Search "window reset".
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 PM
TVD
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Window fix

This is a common problem when retained power is lost. You will need to perform the following procedure, it’s real simple and resolves this issue. That can occur if the battery is drained and is easily reset.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.

2. Close the door.

3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.

4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.

5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.

6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other
windows.

You may also want to check the moonroof for automatic operation. Here is the procedure for resetting that.

1. If the moonroof is open, close it fully by repeatedly pushing the CLOSE side of the moonroof switch.

2. Push and hold the CLOSE side of the moonroof switch to tilt the moonroof up.

3. Release the moonroof switch after the moonroof moves slightly up and down.

4. Push and hold the OPEN side of the moonroof switch to fully tilt the moonroof down.

5. Check if the moonroof switch operates normally.

I found this on the NICOclub.com

Enjoy
The following users liked this post:
all4 (01-19-2022)
Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 AM
g37noob

@TVD; Thank you so much! It worked like a charm and the dealer was baffled when I asked them about it. I love this forum! Everyone is so helpful, Thanks again!
Btw.. Now I need to figure out why my cruise control turns itself on and the "set" light blinks like crazy. This was the main reason I disconnected the battery in the first place. The cc doesn't work most of the time, and the blinking thing happens once a week or so. If you have any advice on that, I'm sure it will be more helpful than taking it to the dealer 5 or 6 times while they try to figure it out
Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
CC speed sensor (in the tranny I believe) might be fooked. Bring it in to the dealer, they'll be able to tell you.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
This is an easy one.
Hold window switch down for 15 seconds, hold up for 15!seconds then down again fir 15 seconds.

Just make sure both doors are closed & your all set.

Windows have memory that's how it's done.

Let us know how it goes
The following users liked this post:
CCA111 (07-21-2021)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Ron James

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How can the dealer have been baffled by this? Of all people they should know that disconnecting the battery will require a window reset.

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
g37noob

@Ron James; The guy I talked to at the dealer did tell me that his tech guy was out until Tues, and it is a Nissan dealership, so I'm not sure how many Infinity's they really work on. The nearest Infinity dealer is 2hrs away, so I hope these guys know a few things. I do mechanical work myself, but I leave electrical stuff to the pros.
Speaking of which. I've been hearing about updates that can be done w/gps and transmission settings. The car is an 08 and I'm a new owner, so is there anything else I should ask about as far as updates?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 AM
Ron James

There is an update for the 7AT that gives you smoother shifts and better response time. Have a look in the TSB section
Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
jaykellogg

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would call the Infiniti dealer and give them the VIN number and have them register the car in your name. At the same time ask about remaining warranty. I have a few months left on my 08 coupe. They can tell you over the phone if the reflash was done for the trans. A nissan dealer can repair some things and can get some parts, but they do not do warranty work. I bought mine used from a Ford store as is. However the salesman said they would pay to repair the front wheel tier pressure sensors. It cost $503 at Nissan. If yours go bad there is a DIY for replacing them and training the computer to recognize them.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Andrew Laing

I had the same issue when I had disconnected my battery to jump start it after it had died. Each time I opened the doors when I turned the car off the windows rolled almost completely down. I took my car to the dealership and the service tech fixed it immediately. They said to push the power window button to the first click and hold it there for 10 seconds then release it. They had a 370z that had come in a few days before and had the same issue so they knew a quick fix for it and didn't charge me a dime.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:29 PM
ROYCE 415

Same issue when getting a new battery and terminals. 15 seconds down, 15 seconds up shes good as new!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Glenn2008
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
I believe that many of us have had this problem. Thanks to this website, we can handle most anything without going to the dealer. So far, I have learned how to clean my TB's, change tranny and diff fluid, and remove/replace spark plugs. A wealth of information exists on this site.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:29 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by ROYCE 415
Same issue when getting a new battery and terminals. 15 seconds down, 15 seconds up shes good as new!
3 or so seconds, 15 is overkill.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:27 PM
Foresite

This forum is fantastic. When I first got my GEE I used to read it all the time but I have not looked at it for a long time. Today I could not get my window to stop going down whenever I got out of the car. I went back to this trusty forum and low and behold, you gave me the answer immediately. I tried it and of course it worked like a charm. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help! my windows roll down when i open the door!