Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Aux Connection for Android Phone

Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 AM
pgonza02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux Connection for Android Phone

Hi Guys,
We just got a '13 G37 Sedan Journey for my wife.
Once I got home, I remember that Infiniti had decided a couple of years back that the cars didn't need the Aux connectors anymore...go figure. Since we did not get the Nav, we don't have Bluetooth streaming.

This is not a big deal for my wife since she has an iPhone and can just plug in to USB. For me, though, whenever I drive the car I have no way of getting music from my Samsung Galaxy SIII to play through the car. I have read about changing the phone to default to mass storage when connecting to USB but I haven't been able to get that to work, I think it's a timing issue, the car seems to timeout checking the device before the phone has a chance to respond.

I have also read somewhere that the RCA Aux connectors are really there, just not surfaced. I wanted to verify this before I go drilling through the console, specially since this is a lease.

Any suggestions on how to get my Android to connect through the USB connector or if there is an Aux connector hiding around somewhere? I have searched through the forum and can't seem to find anything.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 PM
prescott3656
Registered Member

The RCA Aux wires are not there. There are only 3 holes in the console where they once were.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
pgonza02

Originally Posted by prescott3656
The RCA Aux wires are not there. There are only 3 holes in the console where they once were.
That's what I was afraid of. My friend has an '11 FX and they did the same thing.

Dang it

There's got to be a way. I can't imagine the connector has been removed from the back of the head-unit. I'm gonna check on the FX forum I follow for my car to see if they have a solution.

Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
grazsrootz

Originally Posted by pgonza02
That's what I was afraid of. My friend has an '11 FX and they did the same thing.

Dang it

There's got to be a way. I can't imagine the connector has been removed from the back of the head-unit. I'm gonna check on the FX forum I follow for my car to see if they have a solution.

Thanks for the info though.
I remember on my G35 i had to get something that interfaced with the sirius box. Do you have sirius or xm? you might want to look into somerhing that will fool the car into thinking there you are listening to sat radio. I think scosche made it i am not certain though
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM
pgonza02

Originally Posted by grazsrootz
I remember on my G35 i had to get something that interfaced with the sirius box. Do you have sirius or xm? you might want to look into somerhing that will fool the car into thinking there you are listening to sat radio. I think scosche made it i am not certain though
Yeah, if I remember correctly there was something for the cars without satellite pre-wiring that you could connect into the satellite connector in the back of the head unit and that gave you an aux in.
This was way back, in my very first model year G35 but now all cars come with the satellite receiver.

Thanks.