Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Ipod Integration 08 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 01:27 AM
amorel21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod Integration 08 Coupe

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased my 08 coupe and I absolutely love it. Only issue i recently came across is with the ipod integration. For the first week I've had the car I was able to connect my ipod with no issues (Ipod is the newest ipod touch) Today, it worked in the morning when I was heading to work, but when i got out it kept on displaying ipod not connected.

I didn't touch the cable or anything. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, saw that it briefly said "accessory connected" then that disappears and does nothing.

Any ideas of what it could be?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 AM
SkylineAWD

I know this sounds a little dumb, but the connector to the console is plugged in all the way right? Do you have a case on the iPod? I noticed mine doesn't work with a case on it. It doesn't seat all the way in with a case.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 PM
amorel21

Originally Posted by SkylineAWD
I know this sounds a little dumb, but the connector to the console is plugged in all the way right? Do you have a case on the iPod? I noticed mine doesn't work with a case on it. It doesn't seat all the way in with a case.
Yeah I made sure it was fully plugged in. No case or anything on it.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
The newer models of iPods and iPhones don't work all the way or all the time. I was having problems with my iPhone 4 doing the same thing. Ended up disconnecting it and then reconnecting it multiple times to work. I believe it has to do with the version of software on it. When it's plugged in you should get a little yellow triangle in it saying "this mobile device is not supported". Blah blah blah.

So...I had a first gen 60g iPod laying around. Loaded it up with music, and I just leave it in there. It charges, plays and connects without issues...even displays the mt fuji symbol on the iPod.

I don't believe there is any fix. There was a post on here two weeks ago where the poster bought some aftermarket cable that worked....but idk what brand the cable was. If you do a search, youll probably find the post.

Good luck.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Ricky

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
same thing was happening to mine with my nano 4gen. it wasnt charging the ipod so it kept dying. i bought this and its been working perfectly.
Charging Adapter for iPod & iPhone