Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Group Buy 2010 Navigation Screen Interface

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM
bdlhome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Modme
Also, did you guys ground your parking wire?
Yes, I tried that and I also tried the reversing camera input that shouldn't be effected by the parking wire for obvious reasons.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:41 AM
bdlhome

I havent gotten a chance to install mine yet, but it doesnt sound like its going to work. There is no point in installing the CAN wires. They are only compatible with Rangerovers for switching inputs.

Did you guys try flipping all on off switches?
I tried the DIP switches and they appear to do what the documentation I found said:

1 thru 4 are just whether inputs are skipped and with 3 out of the 4 set to on (which is skip) the toggle source button would go from Factory screen to AV1 and then back to Factory screen which is as expected.

5 is ON = Lexus Off = Non Lexus

6 is Factory Nav vs non Factory

7 is to External rear camera vs Factory camera

8 is not used.

Looks like this one will be going back also...
Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

Yea i tried to ground the parking wire with no luck. i also flipped every meaningful switch. Same thing as the old unit. Black screen. I don't think it should be this difficult.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Do you guys all have the interface labelled:

Model: QVL - GF08 - V7
PRODUCT CODE: GF08 - 1106 - 004
Old 09-24-2011, 01:11 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

Yea that's what i have.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Modme
Registered Member

I contacted the QDIS manufacture. They suggested flipping the input and output on the GVIF cable. You can do that by using a small pin to lift the plastic connector and pulling out the wire and reinserting it.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:08 PM
bdlhome

I contacted the QDIS manufacture. They suggested flipping the input and output on the GVIF cable. You can do that by using a small pin to lift the plastic connector and pulling out the wire and reinserting it.
I read online about swapping the red and white (or red and yellow) wires and that made no difference. Put that was more like swapping the polarity rather than input and output.

Are they suggesting swapping the pairs? Meaning swapping the two reds and the and then the two whites?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Modme
Registered Member

It seems like thats what theyre saying. Here is the quote from the email:

Can you try to reverse LCD In/Out connection? It could be a problem in GVIF.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:34 PM
bdlhome

It seems like thats what theyre saying. Here is the quote from the email:
I was reluctant to do that because I didn't want to feed video back in to NAV unit but then thought I would try reversing but only connect the unit to the screen.

Guess what! SUCCESS!!! So I think connected the GVIF in and everything is working...
Old 09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Modme
Registered Member

that is great news. so the box is fine but somehow the cable was designed incorrectly.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:56 PM
bdlhome

that is great news. so the box is fine but somehow the cable was designed incorrectly.
Correct.

This was the red herring, suggesting to swap the pairs rather that the input and output

But there is a clue, notice the output is at the top

Now look at the Nissan cable as it was supplied

Notice that the top is the input.

Now after I swap to this

It works...
Old 09-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Modme
Registered Member

I guess it depends on how you install the cable. If you plug this inbetween the screen and the factory cable, the input is reversed. But if you plug this between the a/v control unit and the factory cable, it would be correct.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:28 PM
bdlhome

I guess it depends on how you install the cable. If you plug this inbetween the screen and the factory cable, the input is reversed. But if you plug this between the a/v control unit and the factory cable, it would be correct.
Good point, although all the instructions and images for the other kits they offer show it being installed on the back of the screen.

Probably the best way to solve it is would be not to have the in and out on the same plug. It if was two separate connectors you could wire it either way without swapping pins. Or just include instructions
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Either way, I'm glad we resolved the issue. This is really the only option we have to add external video source to the navi screen. Now I can install my carpc next weekend knowing it'll work.

How is the video quality using av input? I'm trying to get the RGB input to work with a carpc. I'll post my progress once i get started.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM
bdlhome

Either way, I'm glad we resolved the issue. This is really the only option we have to add external video source to the navi screen. Now I can install my carpc next weekend knowing it'll work.

How is the video quality using av input? I'm trying to get the RGB input to work with a carpc. I'll post my progress once i get started.
The quality looked reasonable for composite video (my source wasn't the best because I was just checking it worked) but I'm sure it will be better with RGB. The onscreen menus were fairly small but very readable.

Quick Reply: Group Buy 2010 Navigation Screen Interface