Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Interesting New Issue Spawned from Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Interesting New Issue Spawned from Battery Replacement

Just as the title suggested, I went to start my car as I do at least every two weeks as it was still being stored...

Clutch in, push to start... Nothing... so after a few hours, people at consumer affairs sent out someone to jump the car. It took forever to get it going but finally got it and took it straight in to the dealer down the road... before the jumper had arrived I studying up and wrote down all of the TSB issues that cause our batteries to suck so bad and was satisfied that I will be able to find out some way for the dealer to replace it under warranty...

...So $107.00 later they sell me a new battery stating there were no issues with any of the TSB items but I simply needed a new battery on my 08'

SOOO: I get the damn new battery put in and head on home... I get home and turn off the car, open the door and the window goes almost all the way down... after a few times I get it to close where the window will stay up but it took me a few tries with the same thing happening... later on I come back and open the passenger door and the window goes 3/4 the way down... AND my auto up on the passenger side window no longer works... I have to hold it up the whole time for it to go all of the way up instead of clicking it once and it going up on it's own (from the driver side).

Basically, I have no idea why the auto up function no longer works but the reason it goes down when opening the door is that when our window lowers a few milimieters when you open the door, it has to have a funtion that controls that and mine does't kick in until after half way down and then does not go back up when you close the door...

Weird thing is, is that the driver side stopped doing it now and it is only the passenger side...

I am dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow morning but I really do not like this dealer but they are so incredibly close that I want to give them another shot. I will keep you all posted as to what they say.

anyways, please let me know if this has happened to any of you and what your thoughts are about this annoying issue. (not exactly the excitment i was looking for after not driving my car for 5 months)
Old 03-21-2011, 12:57 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you just need to reset your windows, this happens when you disconnect the battery.

to reset them, turn the car off - turn the car on press the windows down button until the windows is all the way down and then you will hear a click a few moments later - then press the up and wait for the click after it closes.

windows reset and you are good to go!

for the 2008 you will need the update also or you battery will die again, I just have mine on a battery tender cause i cant flash my ecu.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:58 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you can also tell if you need to do this if the auto up or down no longer works. = need windows reset.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by christian655321
you just need to reset your windows, this happens when you disconnect the battery.

to reset them, turn the car off - turn the car on press the windows down button until the windows is all the way down and then you will hear a click a few moments later - then press the up and wait for the click after it closes.

windows reset and you are good to go!

for the 2008 you will need the update also or you battery will die again, I just have mine on a battery tender cause i cant flash my ecu.
Thanks so much bud, I promised I searched the whole sight for that after this happened but couldn't find anything similar. you did mention that I need the update or it will happen again. Which update exactly do you speak of? They said my readings were all good to go other then my battery was bad and needed to be replaced.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try this. And yes, your windows malfunctioning is from disconnecting the battery. Normal.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...dow-reset.html
Old 03-21-2011, 05:48 PM
roots4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For storing your car, it'd probably make sense to plug in a battery charger. Starting your car and running it a few minutes at a time will probably deplete the battery slowly.