Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

I'm hating the Bose right now. Seriously

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I figured I'd try something. What I did was turn off the driver's soundstage in the settings (it just turns off the center channel.). Surprisingly enough it got louder. Doesn't sound great, but definately louder.

Idk if anyone else wants to try that.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
the speakers aren't bad, all you need is a quality bass to compliment the bose speakers! that said, i have the 4080 box with hertz spl monster subs and audison lrx 5.1k amp for sale is anyone is interested!
Old 04-21-2012, 02:08 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
I test drove a G37 last weekend and loved everything but the Bose.

I wish Infiniti would go with kicker or Rockford. Sure those brands arent high end but they make a way better "premium" set up than bose.

Most kicker/rf set ups include a 10" sub.

I drove in an STi with the kicker system and while its not as great as raw drivers the sound was loud and clear.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:57 PM
RaphTheTurtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just upgraded my system and I love it so far.

New speakers, processor, amp, and sub.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:48 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I thought the driver's soundstage also makes the passenger side speaker louder
Old 05-13-2012, 08:22 PM
SL4Y3R

Just got my G a week ago and the Bose speakers are freaking loud! I listening to the music around 60% and it's freaking loud! and the bass isn't bad either.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Most people comment on how good it sounds, so if there is something that wrong with the way your sounds there very well could be something worg with it, like a blown speaker etc. No they are the greatest thing out but they in no way "suck". The stocker in my Z sucked.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 PM
mb2zj2

How about this... turn your radio to the lowest volume level, then shut the system off. Wait 1 hour for the engine to cool down, then install a good, high quality exhaust system. Start the car, and drive to work or home. Enjoy the awesome note from the nice refined 3.7l under the hood. If it is respect from the neighborhood you are looking for, believe me, you get more respect from people on the street with the sound of the engine than you will with your trunk lid rattling! I was 16 before, and I have spent thousands on car audio, all it does is take more power from your engine, and add more weight, thus making it slower, and take forever to get up to speed. Buying a good exhaust system is much cheeper, and will get you more respect, done...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 PM
themajesticking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had plenty of exhausts. I prefer a good sound exhaust COUPLED with a nice-sounding audio system.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:44 AM
chicago_animal

Originally Posted by mb2zj2
How about this... turn your radio to the lowest volume level, then shut the system off. Wait 1 hour for the engine to cool down, then install a good, high quality exhaust system. Start the car, and drive to work or home. Enjoy the awesome note from the nice refined 3.7l under the hood. If it is respect from the neighborhood you are looking for, believe me, you get more respect from people on the street with the sound of the engine than you will with your trunk lid rattling! I was 16 before, and I have spent thousands on car audio, all it does is take more power from your engine, and add more weight, thus making it slower, and take forever to get up to speed. Buying a good exhaust system is much cheeper, and will get you more respect, done...
He's not asking anything about RESPECT. Don't know where you came up with that one. I also am adding a sub and Resonated HFCs from Fast Intentions. If its not as deep as I want it then I'm going to get a CBE to compliment the RHFCs. I'm doing it cause I love the deep sound. I also need a good sound system. I'm not gong to listen to my car for the hour drive to work and then another hour home. I'd shoot myself. You can get a 10" sub that hits the bass for you and the trunk wont rattle. That's not a huge issue.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:09 AM
DTXHacker

Originally Posted by RaphTheTurtle
I just upgraded my system and I love it so far.

New speakers, processor, amp, and sub.
Were you able to keep the factory head unit? I've got the nav setup and I'd hate to lose that, but the overall sound on the system is pretty weak.

I just traded in a 2005 Acura TSX for a new G37S and thus far I'm definitely feeling the downgrade on the stereo. Everything else about the car is great, but the stereo fidelity leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
enronforme

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyocyteX
Are you the guy that speeds through my apartment complex blasting douchey girl music? We hear you. You're Bose is working fine...
Hah!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Doc750

Originally Posted by mb2zj2
Cat back exhaust gets you respect .... Lol.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 PM
91dx

Am i able to upgrade just the speakers in my bose equipped sedan without having to buy a processor or an amp for the speakers and still have it sound better than the stock speakers?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:37 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
the problem is the bose processing.
Most bose set ups are 2 ohm also.
2 ohm speakers are available.

An amp and speakers would be the best choice.
tap in to the radio wires behind the head unit not the ones after the bose amp
if you can, add a processor also.

Quick Reply: I'm hating the Bose right now. Seriously