Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Worst sounding stereo I have heard !

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:48 AM
autoexebatse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Worst sounding stereo I have heard !

It's been a long time since I have posted , just due to working on the house and other things . Since the day I bought the car I have been so ashamed of this ( Bose System) that came installed in the car .. I mean WTF did I buy? a KIA ?

I turned the treble as high as it would go and still no high levels at all , the car has a mellow flat tone to it and a tad of bass.

Before I got the G37 I test drove a Audi TT and it had the Bose , same issue .

What do I need to do ?

I had a 88 Ford Tempo back in the day that sounded batter !!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get different speakers lol go to a stereo shop
Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
autoexebatse

Yeah but I don't want to go crazy and mod stuff , is it that easy to just change the speakers and it will be fine ? I'm confused of why they would do this setup
Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Doggy

Ya take it to a stereo shop and get a different setup, but it will void the speaker warranty since the speakers are no longer factory, try jl
Speakers
Old 02-07-2011, 01:01 AM
autoexebatse

I will look into this and see what can be done , Really sucks that I have to even deal with this , paying almost 50 grand for a car and have to upgrade the stereo !!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Doggy

Haha I don't mind he speakers, I don't even have Bose! I have standard
Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 AM
autoexebatse

Thats why HAHA , I think the standard stereo sounds better man . I have been into systems for years and it's the first Bose I have heard , all of my other systems , Alpine head units and other were awesome . I was planning on building a system for this car I just haven't got around to it yet , since the car is so new I hate to even mess with it.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:22 AM
kai

Yea, the soundstage in this car is pretty messed up too. Every car I've heard with a Bose system has been pretty lackluster. I'm thinkin bout swapping out the mids and tweets for a set of Rainbow Soundlines and amping 'em.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:29 AM
roots4x

It actually is fairly balanced, IMO. I am usually not a fan of Bose, but the highs are not too bright and lows are not stupid like virtually all aftermarket systems I've heard.

Also the soundstage is a bit muddled but not too bad. With drivers stage enabled it is fairly precise.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:34 AM
kai

Originally Posted by roots4x
It actually is fairly balanced, IMO. I am usually not a fan of Bose, but the highs are not too bright and lows are not stupid like virtually all aftermarket systems I've heard.

Also the soundstage is a bit muddled but not too bad. With drivers stage enabled it is fairly precise.
What is this Driver's stage you speak of? Do they have that on '08's? From what I saw there is only balance and fade settings.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This is actually one of the better sound systems I've heard. I love the Bose system, and I think unless you are the person that wants your car to bounce off the ground from so much bass, this is an awesome system.

The drivers sound stage (or whatever its actually called) is a setting so that the "center" of the sound is focused on the drivers seat, instead of the middle of the car. Just go to "setting" and then under "audio" it should be an option (it might only be for premium packages or whatever the sound package is)
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Doggy

Drivers stage is only on the Bose not the standard, I'm
Changing mine soon, not sure either alpIne, kicker, or jl
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 AM
autoexebatse

I'm glad you agree with me LOL , my wife says I'm nut's but she doesn't know squat about stereo systems .
Old 02-07-2011, 01:48 AM
autoexebatse

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
This is actually one of the better sound systems I've heard. I love the Bose system, and I think unless you are the person that wants your car to bounce off the ground from so much bass, this is an awesome system.
I do agree to a point it does sound pretty good , but where and the High's ? I'm not looking to bounce up and down , but good clarity with a balanced system would be nice .

I do have (3) Door speakers , 1 lower , 1 mid and a very upper one < I would think the very upper one ( 1.5 inch speaker ) is meant for treble aka high's ?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:56 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What kind of music are you listening to that the Bose system can't deliver? I guess maybe if you are listening to a symphony or something it might leave something to be desired lol but for all the music i listen to in my car everything sounds great

Quick Reply: Worst sounding stereo I have heard !