Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Non-navigation streaming audio (I know...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM
aerospaced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KaptainObvious
@Aero, did you keep the L and R grounds separate? I joined mine since I only had a 3 wire 3.5mm jack.

Also, are your L & R channels equal in volume? my left is slightly lower than right. I think it might be because I joined the grounds.

KO

No difference in volume between L & R channels.
I connected the L and R grounds separately at the XM tuner (used 4 wires ( L+, L-, R+,R-) as I wasnt sure how isolated the grounds were in the XM tuner/headunit circuit. The point at which my L- and R- connect is at the 1/8 headphone jack. If you used only 3 wires at the XM connector then you are missing a good ground connection for the weak channel. Not sure if this is your situation but it might be fixed by running a jumper between L- and R- pins at the XM connector.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 AM
KaptainObvious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aerospaced
No difference in volume between L & R channels.
I connected the L and R grounds separately at the XM tuner (used 4 wires ( L+, L-, R+,R-) as I wasnt sure how isolated the grounds were in the XM tuner/headunit circuit. The point at which my L- and R- connect is at the 1/8 headphone jack. If you used only 3 wires at the XM connector then you are missing a good ground connection for the weak channel. Not sure if this is your situation but it might be fixed by running a jumper between L- and R- pins at the XM connector.
Thanks, I'll give it another look..

Fyi regarding Power Window and SRS Blink Reset

*** THIS INFO IS A STRAIGHT SCREENSHOT FROM THE FSM ***
********* PERFORM THE SRS RESET AT YOUR RISK *********

Link to FSMs: Index of /FSM
Big Thanks to NicoClub!

Make sure all doors are closed as if you were driving the vehicle.

{Power Window Initialization Procedure. Specifically Auto-Up Won't Work}
Non-navigation streaming audio (I know...)-powerwindow_reset.gif

{SRS Warning Light Flashing Repeatedly}
Non-navigation streaming audio (I know...)-srs_reset.gif
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
aerospaced

Thanks, I'll give it another look..

Fyi regarding Power Window and SRS Blink Reset

*** THIS INFO IS A STRAIGHT SCREENSHOT FROM THE FSM ***
********* PERFORM THE SRS RESET AT YOUR RISK *********

Link to FSMs: Index of /FSM
Big Thanks to NicoClub!

Make sure all doors are closed as if you were driving the vehicle.

{Power Window Initialization Procedure. Specifically Auto-Up Won't Work}
Attachment 86756

{SRS Warning Light Flashing Repeatedly}
Attachment 86755

Hope you got the L + R channels balanced. I noticed with my aux-in connection that I need to turn the volume up considerably to obtain reasonable listening levels. This is with my BB and portable HD radio at max output volume. Do you have the same issue with your hookup?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
shifter2600

@Aero, did you keep the L and R grounds separate? I joined mine since I only had a 3 wire 3.5mm jack.

Also, are your L & R channels equal in volume? my left is slightly lower than right. I think it might be because I joined the grounds.

KO
I joined my grounds together and connect them to the single ground on the 3.5 jack.

Also I just received my TuneLink Auto which is working purfectly with my bluetooth on my HTC Android Phone.
TUNELINK ANDROID
Bluetooth in to AUX or FM out. Sleek and Small Design.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM
KaptainObvious

Hope you got the L + R channels balanced. I noticed with my aux-in connection that I need to turn the volume up considerably to obtain reasonable listening levels. This is with my BB and portable HD radio at max output volume. Do you have the same issue with your hookup?
Aero.. I do have the same volume level problem. I use the Sirius Online app, PowerAmp app and Pandora app. The volume level is the worst with Sirius. I a major HS fan I can barely hear the show when driving at highway speeds sometimes. Pandora and PowerAmp are much better.

I haven't had a chance to check my wiring yet so my balance issue is still a problem. I'm getting used to it though. I just set the balance to one notch to left from center.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 AM
KaptainObvious

Originally Posted by shifter2600
I joined my grounds together and connect them to the single ground on the 3.5 jack.

Also I just received my TuneLink Auto which is working purfectly with my bluetooth on my HTC Android Phone.
TUNELINK ANDROID
Bluetooth in to AUX or FM out. Sleek and Small Design.
Thanks for the info Shifter..

The TuneLink looks real nice but not in my budget right now since I already spent $30 on the Anycom (which didn't work) and the BluRidge which I'm using now.

What we really need is a converter to go from the iDock in the storage console to Android USB so we non-Apple smartphone users can use the factory radio to control our phones. Anycom tried this but it doesn't work in my 2011 G37 Premium without NAV.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:44 AM
xBLACKMAM8Ax

I hate to ask this question. My apology to the OP, but i have a 09 G37xS sedan with navigation and and iphone 4, and i am interested in listening to pandora radio in my car. What do i need to do this? The 09 doesn't come with a USB jack. Thanks in advance....
Old 05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
tony_m_777
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I finally received and tested out the dockBoss this week and unfortunately it does not work. I contacted the company and they had me try a few things but still it's a no go. So the search continues....

Regards,
Tony

Originally Posted by tony_m_777
I contacted CableJive about this cable and they indicated that it is compatible so I just placed an order for one. Hoping this works...

Here's there response:
Thank you for your interest in our products. We have not heard of any compatibility issues between the dockBoss and Infinity systems yet, so they should work together just fine.

Regardless, if you order anything from us and it does not work with your specific system, we would be happy to accept it back for a refund. You can return anything you order from us within 60-days of the original date of purchase if it doesn't work as you had hoped it would. If you do order from us, please let us know your results either way. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Zack
CableJive
Old 05-10-2011, 03:50 PM
aerospaced

Aero.. I do have the same volume level problem. I use the Sirius Online app, PowerAmp app and Pandora app. The volume level is the worst with Sirius. I a major HS fan I can barely hear the show when driving at highway speeds sometimes. Pandora and PowerAmp are much better.

I haven't had a chance to check my wiring yet so my balance issue is still a problem. I'm getting used to it though. I just set the balance to one notch to left from center.
I found a headphone amp that helps with the volume issue. Just plugged it in-line with my aux input. The best solution is to switch out the XM audio input when using aux in. I think this will solve the root cause of the volume issue. I'm still working on a method to do this without having to cut any factory wires.

Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics
Old 05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
ari5736

Crap! Don't give up.

Originally Posted by tony_m_777
So I finally received and tested out the dockBoss this week and unfortunately it does not work. I contacted the company and they had me try a few things but still it's a no go. So the search continues....

Regards,
Tony
Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I found a headphone amp that helps with the volume issue. Just plugged it in-line with my aux input. The best solution is to switch out the XM audio input when using aux in. I think this will solve the root cause of the volume issue. I'm still working on a method to do this without having to cut any factory wires.

Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics

This is all such great info, thanks. I'm going to try it on my coupe this weekend. I have the non-bose non-nav but I do have XM. I looked for the adapter a few weeks ago and I think it's by the spare tire on mine, not totally sure because I have to take my system out to get down there better. I'll probably just stick with plugging my phone in every time I want to play music from it, even though the bluetooth is an appealing option.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:24 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just finished installing a headphone jack in my center console and ran the wire back to the xm tuner in the trunk. Made the connections at the tuner as described in my previous post and now have an aux input to connect my BB and portable HD radio. Total cost: $13.00 for a 20ft extension with 1/8 stereo plug at Radio Shack and about 1 hour labor. The is no change in the sound of XM but noticed that pandora on BB and HD radio connected to same audio input wires the XM tuner uses to connect to the Bose head unit sounds much better than XM ever has. For the those interested the wire colors are RED LH+, GRN LH-, BLACK RH+ and WH RH-. These are all grouped together at one end of the connector that plugs into the XM tuner. Remember to turn to channel 0 on XM when using the aux in.
I just wanted to say thanks for this. I did it for my 2010 coupe non-bose and it works great. I'm playing pandora from my Blackberry and it sounds perfect. Being a nerd I actually had all the wiires I needed in house, total cost $0. I will probably end up getting the bluetooth adapter but for now I'm fired up. I remember driving home from the dealer realizing there was no way to plug my phone in to play music and it was the single biggest disappointment i had with the car...no longer!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:45 PM
rs1985

does a usb audio adapter work ?
i am new and planning to get a car
so just want to ask you guys about this
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Neiklot

You guys DO realize that you can still control your iPhone even with it being plugged in right? I use Pandora for my car all the time without having to buy extra accessories of any kind. Just plug your iPhone in, play a song on your ipod via your radio controls, go to your iPhone and switch to Pandora and it'll stream to your audio system seamlessly. You won't get anything displaying on the radio screen but at least you still have Pandora playing.

FYI I have an iPhone 4 and a 2010 NON Navi G
Old 09-13-2011, 06:55 AM
rs1985

so if I plug in my iphone or iPad
after I play one thing on my radio
than I can control and play on my phone and ipad?

Quick Reply: Help Non-navigation streaming audio (I know...)