Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Non-navigation streaming audio (I know...)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Neiklot
You guys DO realize that you can still control your iPhone even with it being plugged in right? I use Pandora for my car all the time without having to buy extra accessories of any kind. Just plug your iPhone in, play a song on your ipod via your radio controls, go to your iPhone and switch to Pandora and it'll stream to your audio system seamlessly. You won't get anything displaying on the radio screen but at least you still have Pandora playing.

FYI I have an iPhone 4 and a 2010 NON Navi G

If you read they are Driod and Black Berry users.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Neiklot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@rs1985 yes that is how I am listening to pandora on my non navi car. Once the you start playing a song on your iPod via the cars radio you can easily just switch to pandora and allow it to run. You can even just leave on pandora on your screen and it'll stay on allowing you to see which songs are playing. However keep in mind thT the information shown on the car screen will be incorrect.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:43 PM
rs1985

O
Icic
that's good news
I tried and it works (well sometimes on the test drive car)
i want to know is
there is no way for the iphone ipod feature to be use eh ?
cause I tried and it is saying something like .... Accessories attached or something
Old 09-23-2011, 12:03 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
So I tried the Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway device in my car, and it sucked. It worked great in the house when plugged into the wall, but when I used power from the car's travel charger port it sounded horrible. Just to test I ran an extension cord out to the car and it sounded fine. The aux input adapter I wired up also sounds fine, just a little quiet.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 PM
user 7208203
Banned

Quick question on this.
I can't find how to switch back to ch 0. On XM1 + 2 it just scrolls around 1-6 and back again. Is there a special setting somewhere to get back to 0?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
zelman

Originally Posted by anomaly00
Quick question on this.
I can't find how to switch back to ch 0. On XM1 + 2 it just scrolls around 1-6 and back again. Is there a special setting somewhere to get back to 0?
Are you tuning, or scrolling through presets?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:09 AM
MOONLIGHT37

Maybe this will work? Bypass the parking brake sensor so you can use the AUX while driving then use a (R/W) RCA to 3mm headphone cord and that should work.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM
gumpracer

Is anyone having trouble with iTunes Match & iTunes in the Cloud? Since I switched to Match, I've been getting the "there is no song" message on the display. Presumably, this is because there are no physical files on the phone.

The head unit obviously can't see any files unless they are physically in the phone, even though the iPhone itself continues to display my songs as though nothing as changed by turning on iTunes Match.

If I download a single song to the iPhone, that song is recognized, and will play through the head unit. Unfortunately, this completely negates the point of Match & iTunes streaming.

Anyone else having this issue? I doubt very much there is a solution to this, other than reverting to the old method. It's just annoying that Apple offers this great way to access all of your music, while saving storage space, and there's seemingly no way to take advantage of this via USB (I'm non-nav).

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:29 AM
user 7208203
Banned

I can definitely see this as becoming an issue in the near future. With most music and services going to the Cloud, or just Internet streaming period, Infiniti is really going to need to bring back a regular, stereo headphone jack, Aux in line.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:27 AM
moomax

Hey, Any of you guys who did the AUX input mod, do you need to actually subscribe to the satellite radio service to get this work since if you don't, the sat radio is disabled? I noticed on my SAT radio no sound comes out when I tune to it since i don't pay for it, so was wondering if you have to pay to get the radio to enable input on this port for the AUX mod?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 AM
briandelshasta

Originally Posted by aerospaced
I think this will solve the root cause of the volume issue. I'm still working on a method to do this without having to cut any factory wires.
You are correct, that is the cause of the volume issue. Even on channel 0 your device signal has to contend with the dead air xm signal. I experienced the same issue. Once I cut the wires from the xm tuner alltogether the volume increased and the sound cleaned up quite a bit.

Originally Posted by moomax
Hey, Any of you guys who did the AUX input mod, do you need to actually subscribe to the satellite radio service to get this work since if you don't, the sat radio is disabled? I noticed on my SAT radio no sound comes out when I tune to it since i don't pay for it, so was wondering if you have to pay to get the radio to enable input on this port for the AUX mod?
Not sure yet. I spoke with a stereo installer and he thinks it should continue to work after the trial expires. I tend to agree. I'll post back in 90 days if it self destructs...
Old 04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
shifter2600

Originally Posted by briandelshasta
You are correct, that is the cause of the volume issue. Even on channel 0 your device signal has to contend with the dead air xm signal. I experienced the same issue. Once I cut the wires from the xm tuner alltogether the volume increased and the sound cleaned up quite a bit.

Not sure yet. I spoke with a stereo installer and he thinks it should continue to work after the trial expires. I tend to agree. I'll post back in 90 days if it self destructs...
Correct you don't need the subscription just set it to Ch 0.
Also for a cheap solution use a headphone amp in-line as a preamp.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 AM
CJ8501

Nevermind... problem solved above.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
chappjc

First of all, thanks to aerospaced and KaptainObvious for their bold experiments and sharing their results with us.

Originally Posted by briandelshasta
You are correct, that is the cause of the volume issue. Even on channel 0 your device signal has to contend with the dead air xm signal. I experienced the same issue. Once I cut the wires from the xm tuner alltogether the volume increased and the sound cleaned up quite a bit
On this issue, I think you can actually back the pins out of the plastic connector so as to disconnect them from the xm device without actually cutting the wires. You can get a molex pin removal tool to make this easy or use a tiny flat head screw driver. The instructions from KaptainObvious earlier in this thread require you to pull the pins out anyway, so why not leave them out? Just wrap with electrical tape to prevent a short.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone who has tried a pre-amp has noticed any problems. I am already nervous about using the output from my phone without amplification as input on these pins!

Thanks again!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
murf72

New Bluetooth receiver, anyone tried?

I found three products on the web,

1. Music Link (Bluetooth Music Receiver For Iphone/Ipod/Ipad- ML-D100 | eBay)

ml-d100 | eBay

2. Bluetooth Wireless Receiver for iPod iBluon BT-RD02 | eBay

bt-RD02 | eBay

Anyone tried?

Quick Reply: Help Non-navigation streaming audio (I know...)