Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2011 G37 and Latest Generation Nano

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:40 PM
fuzzynoise

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 G37 and Latest Generation Nano

I just bought a 2011 G37 and was wondering if anyone has this car and uses it with the latest touch screen Nano?

Yesterday, I bought a new 160GB iPod Classic, but I'm kind of of disappointed with the lag and another issue. The iPod Classic will take a second or two to start playing a song if I hit the next track more than a couple of times in a row... my really old iPod (with no video), the performance was better and the next track would immediately start play.

Also...

I don't get a "disconnect error" from the iPod classic, but If I turn my Infiniti off for more than a few minutes... the now playing screen will come up but not play the song... If have to go back to my playlist and select a song to start playing, then the everything will work okay until I shut off the car again and I have to go throught those steps again. I can unplug the iPod Classic and plug it in again and everything will work okay. Anyone else have this problem?

I really don't want to spend the money for the latest iPod Touch. It will just sit in the console and I won't use it for anything else.

Does anyone use the Zune with this car? That may be something I'd consider if the interface is decent, but from what I've read on the other threads, it seems that the iPod has the better interface.

Thanks in advance!