Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote Start for G Vert?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM
newspider4re
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start for G Vert?

I just wanted to see if anyone has added remote start to their G Vert and if so which model/unit they purchased.

I have a factory installed version on my Honda and love it on those cold and hot mornings.

My concern with the vert is that when it gets cold and moisture builds up that the auto window drop feature when the door opens will cause damage. warming the car should alleviate this concern?
TIA
Old 05-31-2010, 11:32 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm not sure of the reasoning as I don't live up north although we do get some snow here. There has been discussions on remote start for the coupe, which should also work on the vert.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...e-start-4.html

Search is your friend. There are some other threads with the viper alarm with remote start also if you want to switch from the Infiniti alarm.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by newspider4re
I just wanted to see if anyone has added remote start to their G Vert and if so which model/unit they purchased.

I have a factory installed version on my Honda and love it on those cold and hot mornings.

My concern with the vert is that when it gets cold and moisture builds up that the auto window drop feature when the door opens will cause damage. warming the car should alleviate this concern?
TIA
It's kind of late to respond but here's my opinion/experience, the remote start in a vert is no different than the one I installed on my 03 G35 coupe. Total of 10-15 connections are needed depends what features you want.
Simple remote start you need following connections:
5 connection to start switch wiring. (all can be deciphered from ESM)
Depends on the bypass module.
you need Alarm arm/disarm, door lock/unlock, Security light (led) , hood, horn and parking lights. If you want your OEM fob to work as remote start then one more wire from bypass module.
I found that simple remote start systems like CrimeStopper RS7 and Fortin EVO-ALL module would work for the convertible or for any car. The key is getting wiring for your car- do your home work with ESM and located all the wiring mentioned above. Actually if you buy Fortin bypass module, they will provide wiring free of charge but you still need to verify them via ESM for your car.

I have been debating on installing on my vert but have not got time or the need as I live in So Cali. G35 coupe remote start was my test project and knowledge I gained doing that has provided me the above inside.